Hardwire CM-2 NPD

Victek

Reaction score
I picked up a Digitech Hardwire CM-2 last week (MF Stupid Deal :)) and my first impression is very positive. Same study case design as the Bad Monkey but a little bigger. It also comes with a rubber bumper that fits over the knobs (to prevent accidentally changing the settings with your foot) and a velco pad to attach to the bottom for a pedal board. The toggle switch for classic Vs modified sound makes quite a bit of difference with the modified position having more bite and treble. Has more gain then the Monkey too. Here are a couple of pics. By the way at some point they started labeling the CM-2 "tube distortion" instead of "tube overdrive".

Here's Gearmanndude's demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZGj9MzZ-Vo

Attachments

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
Congrats, HNPD!!! I had one long ago, great OD pedal....great for classic rock tones and boosting the front-end like a TS

Victek

Reaction score
Congrats, HNPD!!! I had one long ago, great OD pedal....great for classic rock tones and boosting the front-end like a TS
Thanks Gerry! I know the CM2 is not a King of Tone, but it's not a Danelectro Grilled Cheese either :laugh2: The Hardwire line deserves a little love IMHO.

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
I agree, kibda wished I didn't get rid of mine long ago, ugh!!

Syrus

Reaction score
Is there volume difference between the pedals?
I saw a comparison vid and the CM-2 was clearly a lot higher on output, plus my BM feels quiet if that makes sense.

Victek

Reaction score
Is there volume difference between the pedals?
I saw a comparison vid and the CM-2 was clearly a lot higher on output, plus my BM feels quiet if that makes sense.
I'll have to plug them in to confirm, but a quick look shows I have the Monkey's volume up quite a bit higher than the CM2. I also set the gain to Max on the Monkey while the CM2 is more 50%-75% for about the same amount of crunch.

Syrus

Reaction score
I'll have to plug them in to confirm, but a quick look shows I have the Monkey's volume up quite a bit higher than the CM2. I also set the gain to Max on the Monkey while the CM2 is more 50%-75% for about the same amount of crunch.
Going to look into getting a CM-2. I really like the BM so far. One of the better TS pedals. :wave:

Got myself a RV-7 once again - is the CM-2 sturdy too? The RV has metal knobs which are really solid, plus I love the extras - pre-cut velcro, glow in the dark & stomplock pad.

Victek

Reaction score
Going to look into getting a CM-2. I really like the BM so far. One of the better TS pedals. :wave:

Got myself a RV-7 once again - is the CM-2 sturdy too? The RV has metal knobs which are really solid, plus I love the extras - pre-cut velcro, glow in the dark & stomplock pad.
Regarding sturdiness, looking at pictures of the RV-7 I'd say the CM-2 uses the same case and metal knobs.

Latest Threads