Hardware Comparision Thread

Gibsonclassic2001

Reaction score
WIZZ vs otp bone (pure bone amazing m69)

WIZZ vs throbak bone (slight hint of pink)

WIZZ vs throbak cream

Otp bone mounted vs throbak bone

Wizz bridge vs throbak neck

Sct13

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanx for the Comparison. !

Wizz is "boneier"? :D

just being silly,

but the wizz rings that I have look real good.

jellyben

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a set of m69 rings. Tossing between bartlett and Throbaks but the otp ones look really good too. They are pricey though.

Gibsonclassic2001

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a set of m69 rings. Tossing between bartlett and Throbaks but the otp ones look really good too. They are pricey though.

The otp is in a class of its own.
I replaced the bone throbak with WIZZ.
I think throbak might match stock guard.

Otp bone with hint of cream
Wizz got hint of green
Throbak got a hint of pink

bosnialove

Reaction score
Does anyone have a comparison pic with WIZZ rings and WIZZ switch plate?

bosnialove

Reaction score
Great! I was looking for this. How is the difference of the creme colour / shade between the WIZZ switch plate and the WIZZ pup rings? I've heard they don't have the same colour / shade, but on your pics both of them look the same colour.

(I don't care about the vintage accurate differences between the plastics, I want the colour on all creme plastics to be the same)

Gibsonclassic2001

Reaction score
Great! I was looking for this. How is the difference of the creme colour / shade between the WIZZ switch plate and the WIZZ pup rings? I've heard they don't have the same colour / shade, but on your pics both of them look the same colour.

(I don't care about the vintage accurate differences between the plastics, I want the colour on all creme plastics to be the same)

The wizz ring is lighter bone color then the wizz m69.

bosnialove

Reaction score
Are there any brands out there which plastics have slightly the more witish creme colour (like the Wizz) and all plastics, like the m69 rings, jackplate and switch plate, have exactly the same colour?

coldengray

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Are there any brands out there which plastics have slightly the more witish creme colour (like the Wizz) and all plastics, like the m69 rings, jackplate and switch plate, have exactly the same colour?
I think Montreux does. But keep in mind most people aren't going for that look as the vintage pieces didn't really have matching plastics. That's probably why you don't see a lot of retailers offering a matching set of plastics...besides Gibson.

bosnialove

Reaction score
I don't like the mismatched plastic parts look. I don't use a pickguard, so I need M69 rings, jackplate and switchplate. I want them all to have the same colour, that's my taste.

Looked at the Montreux, they seem to have them. Yess

bosnialove

Reaction score
Comparison between:

Installed on guitar: 1993 stock Historic hardware, Made In Germany zinc made wired ABR-1, and zinc Made In Germany tailpiece, both nickel plated with natural aging.

Laying on guitar: Montreux Time Machine series parts. Nickel plated zinc non-wired ABR-1 with nickel plated brass saddles, reliced. Nickel plated aliminimum tailpiece, reliced. Posts and thumbwheel are from Montreux too, reliced.

(Btw: for sale)

BikeBro

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in selling their historic hardware please send me a PM!

Stonehard

Reaction score
These have just become available... the new poker chip from VH. EXACT repro of original. Perfect.

Have FUN

Reaction score
2007 R9 with Bonamassa pickups, wizz rings, poker chip, switchtip, mojoaxe guard, tonepros studs, RS guitarworks tailpiece and DJ inlays. It also has Uncle Lou's premium tips that are not pictured.

Your strings are not aligned with the neck and pickup pole pièces :hmm: