Hard blister on my left thumb

5F6-A

Reaction score
Since started playing my guitar with my left thumb over the fretboard a la Hendrix, I have developed a small but very annoying hard blister above the knuckle. I tried to "trim" it but it grew back almost immediately. What should I do? Det used to it and hope it grows hard and numb? Change techniques? Other options?

thumb.PNG

thumb 2.PNG

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
Looks like a wart to me....

Doesn't sound like a blister.

I was thinking corn, but a little look showed me that those only appear on feet.
Try the wart thing.

And watch out. If you are cutting it down, exposing the raw part may allow it to spread eaiser.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Since started playing my guitar with my left thumb over the fretboard a la Hendrix, I have developed a small but very annoying hard blister above the knuckle. I tried to "trim" it but it grew back almost immediately. What should I do? Det used to it and hope it grows hard and numb? Change techniques? Other options?

View attachment 424295

View attachment 424296
Did you recently move colour Tv's, refrigerators and install microwave ovens by any chance?

Walt_T

Reaction score
I had a hard cyst develop between the first and second knuckles on my left pinky from an old dog bite.
Didn't pay much attention to it until we put a new band together and were rehearsing and playing gigs.
It got big and red, and hurt a lot. After an exceptionally good gig where we imbibed profusely, I was tired of the pain.
When I got home, I sterilized an exacto knife and made a cut and squeezed out a lump of crud the size of a peanut.
Never had a problem after that.
But don't be like me, have it looked at.

5F6-A

Reaction score
I now think it's a wart.... I'll try hydrogen peroxide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Who

rabidhamster

Reaction score
I now think it's a wart.... I'll try hydrogen peroxide.
Looks like what they call a seed wart to me too. Get a baby aspirin nice and soggy on one side, make sure that outer coating is gone and it’s just the interior goodness left. Stick it on the offending area wet-side-down, tape it in place and leave it a few days, replacing as needed. Full strength is fine too, break it in half to make it smaller maybe, as long as it’s aspirin.

Willow bark might work too if you’re a hippy, but would probably take longer

nauc

Reaction score
if wart..

Freezing (cryotherapy). Freezing therapy done at a doctor's office involves applying liquid nitrogen to your wart. Freezing works by causing a blister to form under and around your wart. Then, the dead tissue sloughs off within a week or so. This method may also stimulate your immune system to fight viral warts. You'll likely need repeat treatments.

i had one on my hand when i was a kid. tried different stuff but always came back. then my Dr did the freeze thing, never had a problem since

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Sometimes, when I get nicks on my hands, I'll get something like a wart (probably a wart) that will try to establish itself as the scab heals. For me, they go away over time. I haven't had a 'real' wart since I was in my 20s.

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
Common warts are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). The virus is quite common and has more than 150 types, but only a few cause warts on your hands. Some strains of HPV are acquired through sexual contact. ... The virus usually spreads through breaks in your skin, such as a hangnail or a scrape.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
That aint workin thatts
That ain't workin' that's the way you do it

maybe get a blister on your thumb.....
the way ya doo it-play the gitar on the mtv -those warts aint fun/ maybe get a wart on yer littlefinger get a giant pimple on yourrr bum! Mark Knopfler with revised lyrics by Craig.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Common warts are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). The virus is quite common and has more than 150 types, but only a few cause warts on your hands. Some strains of HPV are acquired through sexual contact. ... The virus usually spreads through breaks in your skin, such as a hangnail or a scrape.
I got one on the side of my middle finger its like a mesa! Cut it off grows back Doc burns it comes back Compund w comes back!:mad2: middle finger to my anno!ying fuckin wart!:rolleyes: