Happy NGD! Gibson Custom '61 SG Standard Antique VOS Antique Metallic Teal

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
I made it home early this morning and tore into the new 61' Les Paul.

This is the second one of these I had delivered this week. The first one came from Guitar Center and it was a nightmare!
It was a used wall hanger from a GC in Texas. It came in a standard Tan Gibson Case with the Pink Fur. It had pick marks
all over it.

I was PISSED!

So I ordered the same guitar from Musicians Friend (I know GC owns them) and my experience couldn't be better!

First off, it was double boxed +1
Second, it is Brand New +1
Third, it is in the Black Custom Shop Case as it should be! +1
Finally, it came with a complete and correct set up! +1

This guitar is what I expected in the first place from the Custom Shop! Perfect in every way.

Setup is fantastic, tuned right up and intonated down to a half cent!

Fretboard on this one is much darker and not dried out like old firewood.

I am incredibly happy with this one! The GC debacle will be returned today!

Musicians Friend Private Reserve for the WIN!

IMG_1809.jpg
IMG_1810.jpg
IMG_1811.jpg
IMG_1812.jpg

[IMG alt="Sp8ctre"]https://www.thetonerooms.com/data/avatars/m/0/22.jpg?1590958344[/IMG]

Les Paul Newb

Reaction score
I’ve said it many times, DO NOT jusdge a guitar because you’ve played it off a wall at guitar center.

They are horribly setup, super dry fretboards, the necks are tacky and slow. I can only assume it’s because they sit out with no setup, in an air-condition (very dry) environment, with customers doing god knows what adjustments to them.

It really sucks because you can’t get a good idea of what’s quality and what’s not.

I believe this is where most get their views of “Ive played 7 of that brand.... they suck.”

none2low

Reaction score
I really did not need to see this. That's super nice. :thumb: Congrats!!

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
It's a sweet playing SG, unfortunately I had rotator cuff surgery yesterday and won't be able to touch it for months! I only got 2 days playing in on her...

Latest Threads