Happy NAD!! Orange Micro Dark...

QuicksilverSS

Reaction score
Just got it home. Haven't had a chance to run it cranked thru a 412 yet but I really like what I hear thru the phones and 412 low volume. Can't believe there is so much ear candy from such a tiny amp! Can't wait to crank it thru the 412.
20171231_160745.jpg
20171231_160727.jpg

BRMarshall

Reaction score
Late congratulations! I got one about the same time and am also happy with it - a lot of sound in a small package. I just have a 7-band EQ in the FX loop. I switch it between some 8 ohm 1x12 cabs (and a Randall RG8, which is a surprisingly nice sounding 8). I usually play a GLP Studio with 490s through a WGS ET-65 in an open back pine cab. The open back cab provides some nice natural reverb. The cab also allows the amp, EQ box, and cords/cables to fit in one package. With a guitar in the other hand, this is a convenient, one trip package. The blue light is really bright at night - but it makes me smile.

JMB1984

Reaction score
Congrats! I’m always tempted to grab one of these but I just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Does it actually sound good through headphones and not like a fizzed put overloaded mess?

efstop

Wattsamatta U graduate
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I picked up a used Micro Dark today and played my '14 LPMM and my Squire VM Mustang through it into headphones. It sounded good, not fizzy at all, but I don't like a lot of gain. I haven't liked the sound of the Mustang and was going to swap out the pickups, but they sound alright through the Micro Dark.

Guitar Rod

Reaction score
Congrats QuicksilverSS! And you too, efstop! I have a Micro Terror and love it too. Still amazing the sound these little things put through a 4x12. Just wish it had a loop like your Micro Darks.

bblooz

Reaction score
Great little amps - Congrats! They actually sound even better cranked pushing a single speaker, like a greenback 10" or a Vintage 30.

Classicplayer

Reaction score
I bought my MD as sort of an “introduction” to Orange amps. I bought their 8” cabinet and later on the PPC112 with a V30.....much better sound, but the 8” is not bad if volume is kept reasonable. I can manage Classic Rock all the way back in time to some 50's Jazz. I can get both tones without much trouble. If you know how to use your guitar's volumes and tones, you'll enjoy the Micro Dark, too.

Classicplayer

Last edited:

Latest Threads