Happy Birthday, Mudfinger!

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And thanks to Mal for those clips. Hadn't seen them before, Mr. Finger. Proves you're the real thing baby.

I'm a bona-fide fan of Lefty. Mad respect for the guy. He's an honorary older brother. :)

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Mud! I agree with all what has been said above, you are one great guy and musician :)

When my work schedule has got quieter I will make that call to you.

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What an excellent birthday present, this thread. Better than any trinket or gadget could ever be. :headbanger:

Thank you all for the kind words. I hope, by virtue of some modicum of success in my work, to meet the lot of you ruffians in person at a gig near you someday. :D

I'm an irascible, irrational, and belligerent person sometimes, and I'm grateful to all of you for your continued goodwill towards me, despite my glaring flaws as a human being. You guys have taught me alot about being a kinder, better person, as so many of you are just flat-out excellent people who set an example that I do try to follow. It's truly a privilege to enjoy your respect and affection; I treasure it more than I can comfortably express in words. :)

I was hoping to take some pics of the Mojocaster at a local war musuem that has a bitchin' cannon on the grounds, but the damn thing is still sopping wet after last night's storm. These will have to do:

Here it is, the finest electric guitar I have ever played, nevermind owned. My partner and companion.

The_Mojocaster040114_001.JPG

I've always referred to guitars as "she", and named them accordingly. But there really is something different about the energy of this one. I tried calling it "Missy", after my tradition, but the name just wouldn't stick. It prefers Mojocaster, and who am I to argue? :laugh2:

To be honest, I finished the guitar in such a way as to encourage the signs of aging and use, but everything has held up pretty much as well as I would expect of a production Fender.

I play this guitar for several hours a day, at least. There's a bond there that I can't really articulate. But, I am leaving my mark; here's a few bits that are starting to wear in a very pleasant way:

The_Mojocaster040114_002.JPG

The_Mojocaster040114_003.JPG

The_Mojocaster040114_004.JPG

The_Mojocaster040114_005.JPG

The_Mojocaster040114_007.JPG

One thing I didn't really get explicit about in the build thread, because I didn't want to make it too religious...there's alot of my blood mixed in with everything else that makes up the black finish. About half a pint of it. :shock:

Something to consider if we ever meet in person, and you're wanting to play it. :thumb:

Every single post upthread has brought a smile to my face, and made my day that much sweeter. Keep 'em coming MLP brothers and sisters! Thank you so much, and bless you all! :applause:

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Happy birthday Mud!!!

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
there's alot of my blood mixed in with everything else that makes up the black finish. About half a pint of it. :shock:

Something to consider if we ever meet in person, and you're wanting to play it. :thumb:

hahahha, that's awesome :dude:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7U1HIhxfA]The Metal - Tenacious D - YouTube[/ame]

3rdstone

Reaction score
Happy Birthday old wise one...(emphasis on the old)...:laugh2:

Just kidding!

Happy birthday brother! :applause:

Maynar

You reached for the secret too soon
Reaction score
Hope you had a great day, Mudfinger. Rock on!

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
As strange as it is sometimes I do not know what to say... so I am reduced to my primal self: mud you are a cool dude, thanks and H B-day to you. Peace

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Mudfinger.!! All the BEST!

Roberteaux, you are one fantastic person! :)

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
Mudfinger, you're one of my favorite people around here. I'm glad your back in the fray.

Someday, I'm going to find you on 2nd in Belmont Shore, out busking, and making a buck. I'm just hoping you have an extra fiddle, so I can join in.

Latest Threads