Hang vs. stand

RRfireblade

Reaction score
The String Swing hangers I use, are made in such a way that an LP headstock hangs straight out of it. There is no unnatural pressure put on the neck. Can't comment of other brands.

Given about 10lbs of weight, and the angle of the neck attached to the body (angled, not straight), do you think it is wise to hang a les Paul by the neck for prolonged periods of time. MIght this slowly warp the neck where it meets the body due to the angle?

I can see a light Fender with a straight body and neck assembly or a light acoustic not being effected.

Just wondering if anyone else has this concern. I know you guys hang them as do high end stores, but thinking the extreme weight (10 lbs) and neck angle to body, maybe not the best for an LP?

I might consider hanging instead of my bullet proof stable “A frame” stand.

gadafi

Reaction score
Been hanging mine for years, mainly for easy access but hell there's no denying they also look great. Old LP (heavy) New LP, Strats, Tele, Bass makes no difference in my book. I do however use swivelling & auto locking Hercules hangers so no slip ups occur. Cost a bit more but a worthy investment. Could not imagine the hassle of putting them away in a case and bringing them out every time I wanted to play.

Latest Threads