Hammer of the Mods (re: political threads)

V Man

Reaction score
I don't worry about the age of consent, I am to busy tagging their grandmas to worry bout underage stuff.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Not to perpetuate the derailing of this thread but there is a considerable difference between the state-by-state age of consent (the age at which cavorting can be legal) and the age of majority (18 in the US, the minimum age for models exposing their bits and pieces on film or other media).

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
It's all a power trip.

For whom? Certainly not for the mods...I rather enjoy reading good discourse, until certain members come in with an axe to grind.

It vey well may be a power trip for them. For the mods it's just another chore.

BB

Thermionik

Banned
Reaction score

Problem seems to be that "axe to grind" depends on your perspective, I ain't saying some posts/threads get blown away because they run contrary to the opinions and beliefs of certain mods (for to do so would surely attract retribution) but..... some posts/threads get blown away because they run contrary to the opinions and beliefs of certain mods.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
i hate it when threads get dumped because I lose my 59709557 "likes". i far prefer just locking the thread.

No. 44

Reaction score
I like this forum, and the freedom to discuss subjects other than GAS and string preferences is a big part of why I come here. On the other hand, I'm not always sure why some threads are deleted, and others are not: I've seen flame wars on political issues go on for pages without anyone stepping in; and I've seen peaceful threads shut down, although there was no political or religious content.

IMO it would be a good idea if the mods would write a bit more than just "thread closed". Maybe a short explanation?

I'm not saying the closing of a thread has to be justified. It just seems to me that it would be easier for us to follow the rules, if it were clearer what violates the rules and what doesn't. As it stands now, the enforcement seems a bit nebulous and arbitrary...

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
it doesn't matter who the mod is or what rules may be in place. having spent way too much time on this forum in the last 3.5 years, i can say that someone has always been butthurt and complaining about rule enforcement.

Seems that this is just a simple law of an interwebz forum.

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score

Problem seems to be that "axe to grind" depends on your perspective, I ain't saying some posts/threads get blown away because they run contrary to the opinions and beliefs of certain mods (for to do so would surely attract retribution) but..... some posts/threads get blown away because they run contrary to the opinions and beliefs of certain mods.

Got to throw the BS flag there, dude. Just because a post (or thread) is contrary to the rules, and happens to offend the mod as well, doesn't mean it's being dumped for the latter.

You happen to be an axe grinder. The truth hurts, I know. :D

Get real.

BB

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
i hate it when threads get dumped because I lose my 59709557 "likes". i far prefer just locking the thread.

BTW...dumping the thread doesn't affect 'likes' or post count, I believe--only when they get deleted, which is rare.

We usually move them to the dump, which preserves the thread but removes it from your view.

BB

Tone deaf

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I asked my dad why we didn't put those little campaign signs on the front lawn for whoever our candidate was. He said that there are two things that you don't mix with business, politics and religion. Since virtually everyone in town knew my dad he felt that airing his political preferences would hurt business. He still foes to church every day but he never brought it to the office and doesn't evangelize. It took me a while to figure out why this made sense. It probably wasn't until I started to enjoy debating and discovering how easy it is to tweak someone on either of these two subjects that I understood why these are good rules to live by.

Politics and religion have derailed more than one good forum.

slapshot

Reaction score
I enjoy your political threads. Makes me appreciate our system of government even more

Thermionik

Banned
Reaction score

The only axe I grind is the sharp and cutting edge of empiricism against blind faith.
And that is a truth which does NOT hurt in the slightest - in fact - it feels GOOD.....

Latest Threads