half blind !!

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey Flick, I had that happen about a year ago. Scratched the cornea trying to wear old contacts too long. Foggy, red, painful, the whole nine. Being in the sunlight felt like somebody was punching me in the brain. All said and done the first two days SUCKED, and another three it was uncomfortable but not too bad.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey Flick, I had that happen about a year ago. Scratched the cornea trying to wear old contacts too long. Foggy, red, painful, the whole nine. Being in the sunlight felt like somebody was punching me in the brain. All said and done the first two days SUCKED, and another three it was uncomfortable but not too bad.
The looking thru a plastic film foggy look is what freaks me. If it was both eyes I would not be able to function
:rolleyes:

spacebubby

The MLP Princess
Reaction score
Hope you feel better soon. :) And rest the damn eye man. :laugh2:

Tuxedo Kaz

Reaction score
Flick, I've been through this. It's very unpleasant, I know.

Swelling of the white of the eye itself is known as chemosis. It can be extremely frightening, but it's temporary. Just close your eye as best you can (sometimes you can't, if there is pronounced chemosis of the conjunctiva), and apply a cold pack for a bit. It should go down within a couple of hours.

As for the seeing cloudy, I once had an eye infection like that. My vision was never the same. But, my case was pretty extreme in that I could not see a single thing out of the eye for two and a half months (and it happened to my good eye too).

It can be treated and just goes away with time. Don't worry too much, I know it's hard. I'm visually disabled and have lived this stuff over many times, it doesn't pay to get too worked up. If you want some more info and stuff, just ask. I know too much about this crap, lol.

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The looking thru a plastic film foggy look is what freaks me. If it was both eyes I would not be able to function
:rolleyes:

Yeah, it freaked me out too. I was worried things wouldn't go back to normal. So long as it's a relatively minor abrasion (which still hurts like hell) you'll be seeing fine in less than a week.

Latest Threads