had a great couple days with my dad (a few little stories)

Samantha

MLP Cub Reporter
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
my dads been playing for over 50 years and was a big name in tour managing in australia but these days he's my dad and he's a great dad, my parents are divorced and i don't get to see my dad to mutch but i'v had a few days to spend time with my dad on the holidays, the only reason i had to come back today was i have work tomorrow.

my father got a letter from some family which had an aussie music magazene, a little black and white paper book type thing but in it it had two pictures of an old band that my dad was in when he was 12 with a little story on them they where called "little midge and the zephyrs".

We had a guy from a new music store were dealing with over to drop off a new mim tele and a vintage bridge and an "astry" bridge cover for it which will go on without any major modifications, he came in and sat down we had a talk for a few hours him me and my dad then he braught out the tele and the vintage bridge then he pulled out a fender ashtray (a real ashtray for ciggarets) and we looked at him and said "whats that?" he goes "its the ashtray" and we just start kacking ourselves laughing and we explain to him what we meant after he realised what had happened and was quite embarresed but we said it was ok and he took the vintage bridge back to order an ashtray bridge cover for it.

my father is 62 this year and has arthritus allong with his hands starting to lose movement and strength hes not a player anymore but he was feeling really good the other day and i got somethign i don't normally get, I got to play guitar with my dad for half an hour which was one of the best things for me, he played our 12 string strat and i played the new tele. one of the memories i will treasure when god forbid he passes on.

just thaught i'd share some of myself with the MLP community.

twinrider1

Reaction score
That's awesome. Maybe you could have your dad write down or record tales of his youth. It's something I wish I'd done with my dad. He told me lots of stories but I know I've forgotten some. We just can't remember everything. You think you will right now, but as the years pass some slip away.

Samantha

MLP Cub Reporter
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's awesome. Maybe you could have your dad write down or record tales of his youth. It's something I wish I'd done with my dad. He told me lots of stories but I know I've forgotten some. We just can't remember everything. You think you will right now, but as the years pass some slip away.

good idea. thanks.

single cut 54

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hey Paul, I'm not quite as old as your Dad[I'm getting there]but when I was
12/13, I too was in a band called thr Zephyrs.As I recall, the band was named after a guitar in a brochure that a friend had.Anyway,your story reminds me of the days when I played guitar with my eldest son[he's now 30] and they were some of the happiest times of my life.I'm sure you and your Dad will look back in years to come and cherish these times you spend playing together.Great story Paul ,play guitar with your Dad as much as you can Mate.

Muck Fe

Reaction score
Paul, most excellent time you spent with your old man there, those moments are rare in life and I'm glad you treasure it now and I'm sure, in the future. Great story.:thumb:

All the best, Rick

Guido

The Gweeeed
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nice, Id love to see my father even strum a chord :laugh2:
Youve got to save this special moments forever, if you are lucky enough to have them
Guido

Latest Threads