Hack happened, to all affected by the hack to my account:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
His/her English is a lot better than developers I’ve worked with in India :dunno:

Also, does nobody care a moderator’s account was so easily hacked? Is it a vulnerability in the forum software? Or phishing?
I am suspecting a vulnerability in the forum software, given that it happened to two (at least) members here, and at least one on Strat Talk.

That's not to say that any passwords were compromised... the vulnerability could be a back-door method of changing a user's password without using email verification, the server logs will show how the PW change was done, whether being actually logged in through the UserCP, or through an exploit of the "Forgot Password" option.

Reactions: ehb

RCCola

Reaction score
I am suspecting a vulnerability in the forum software, given that it happened to two (at least) members here, and at least one on Strat Talk.

That's not to say that any passwords were compromised... the vulnerability could be a back-door method of changing a user's password without using email verification, the server logs will show how the PW change was done, whether being actually logged in through the UserCP, or through an exploit of the "Forgot Password" option.
I would think mods should have 2FA enabled

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think mods should have 2FA enabled
Is that an option on this forum? On the PC/Web interface?

Regardless, if an exploit was discovered, that could/would bypass any authentication.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've two stepped mine too...

I don't know if'n PBR is a good enough password by its own self... Somebody might guess it sometime down the road...

Got to keep up with the times...

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet nobody gets a Walmart gift card either

Latest Threads