Guys. Im in love.

PeteK

Reaction score
Hes not much of a good person. I'll just say that.
Not a good person, but still around? Not in jail or in another state or whatever? If he's around, he has a right to be apart of the kid's life if he wants to be, regardless of you or your girlfriend's opinion of the guy. Unless there is some legal order that he is not allowed to see the kid, then it's not your call.

I have a good friend who married a woman who had a 5 year old son from a previous marriage. The ex husband was a total dickhead. He didn't abuse the kid, he was just a shitty parent and an even worse husband.

But my friend (who coincidentally is named Ryan :hmm:) never tried to keep that guy out the boy's life. If he chose not to be apart of it, that's on him. But my friend didn't want to be the reason this kid didn't get to know his biological father, regardless of what a douche he was. He and his wife tried to never trash talk the guy in front of the kid either. That's not fair to the kid to do that. Let them form their own opinion of their father. The kid grew up to be a great kid. Just graduated from Washington State.

So maybe just focus on trying to be a positive role model, and don't worry about being the kid's dad. Just my 2 cents. I hope it all works out.

pnuggett

Reaction score
What about the broken hearts of the other 14 girlfriends you dumped?

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have a different perspective and experience than the majority here. I never had a bad relationship because I always knew what I wanted and was willing to wait for it. I met my wife in March 2007, bought her ring in June of 2007, got engaged in Sept 2007, got married in April 2008. It was truly love at first sight for both of us and we have a great relationship.

So I'm happy for you. If you're watching for the red flags and know what you want and you're confident about it then don't let anything hold you back. :thumb:
I believe it was love at first sight with us. I always said that was bull shit but then it happened.

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. Criticism will be ignored from here out. I'm not having it. Dont waste your time typing two paragraphs because I'm not gonna read it.

electric head

Just passing thru
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its worrisome that you take offense on what you do not want to hear.
Man in this place that's what so great about putting personal things out there..
You get the good and you get the bad but at least you get real life.
Then you pick and choose how you want to proceed.
Turning a blind eye to life never works..

If your really sure about her then the negativity should not matter in the least..

Alligatorbling

หัวเราะดังลั่น
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Its worrisome that you take offense on what you do not want to hear.
Man in this place that's what so great about putting personal things out there..
You get the good and you get the bad but at least you get real life.
Then you pick and choose how you want to proceed.
Turning a blind eye to life never works..

If your really sure about her then the negativity should not matter in the least..
All i wanted was to share my joy.

Malikon

말 러 곤
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
if your new joyous hobby is juggling chainsaws expect that some of the people who care about you will be like,
"Whoa Man! Be Careful!"

no one is unhappy for you.

End of the day you will be you and nothing anyone says will change that anyway.

electric head

Just passing thru
Premium Member
Reaction score
All i wanted was to share my joy.

And that's a good thing Ryan.She might be a great gal and her and her son might bring great joy into your life.But in your position isn't it better to see what others have been through, that way you can avoid the pitfalls if there are any..

look at it this way..

you are walking down a dark hallway and have different doors to choose from..Some here are offering flashlights to you so that you might avoid picking a wrong door..its up to you to decide which flashlight to choose but at least you have a few to choose

worst thing to happen is have everyone pointing towards one door..

EndGame00

Reaction score
It's no one's intention to put you down... Just giving you a little ribbing here... Guys always enjoy talking shit about stuff like this... I'm sure you've participated on this in the past before... I was a butt of jokes to some of my friends in the early days when I told them Ive been serious with my then-gf...

Falling in love again is great.... But don't let your guard down, especially with people you met through online dating... Keep your spider sense ready because sometimes we get blinded by what we see in front, and ignoring some of the red flags/warning signs that they are sending....