Guys do u know the Specs of 2001 Les Paul R9.

R994

Reaction score
I bought one recently from a collector. Its in really good condition like new. I was hoping it be more worn out since its 20 years old. But any idea on the specs.

Overall after playing it first day, I was bit dissapointed as me playing normally is not working on this guitar. Then i found out if u just fight it a bit it plays real good. A lot of character show ups, I love it. I was just curious about the specs.

The Fretboard looks better than any new r9 i have seen in years.

Price was too good for the condition. But i thought the guitar would have been broken in already.

But yea i am gonna keep her. She has rebellious chracter which makes it interesting.

Attachments

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice R9. It's not broken in because the collector never played it.

R994

Reaction score
Nice R9. It's not broken in because the collector never played it.
how can u not play this lol? i did pay a usd 4.5k for this but yea. The condition is not bad. Happens to be japan order aswell so the top kinda explains it. I feel untill u worn in a guitar they never sound their best.

bosnialove

Reaction score
If you are planning on swapping out all the plastic parts for more vintage correct ones; PM me, I want to buy the ones that have been on your guitar

R994

Reaction score
well i dont have a 1959 les paul, i dont believe what gibson has to say about what is vintage correct until i have one in my hands lol.
If you are planning on swapping out all the plastic parts for more vintage correct ones; PM me, I want to buy the ones that have been on your guitar

R994

Reaction score
do u happen to know the specs

guitardon

Reaction score
What a beauty. To me the biggest noticeable thing is that the tips of the inlays are rounded on them, iin 2003 the changed to the more historically accurate inlays. The color of the inlays are lighter than post 2003 models. My 2002 has slightly yellowed plastics. I’m not sure if that was the case on 2001. Someone else might point out things I can’t remember. Others with better memories can provide more detail. I have my 2002 heavily flamed R8 and a 2018 Brazilian model. The 2001 may not be as accurate as the 2018 but I love my 2002 as much as my2018. That’s a fine instrument you have, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do with my 2002.

R994

Reaction score
Do u know when they started chambering?
What a beauty. To me the biggest noticeable thing is that the tips of the inlays are rounded on them, iin 2003 the changed to the more historically accurate inlays. The color of the inlays are lighter than post 2003 models. My 2002 has slightly yellowed plastics. I’m not sure if that was the case on 2001. Someone else might point out things I can’t remember. Others with better memories can provide more detail. I have my 2002 heavily flamed R8 and a 2018 Brazilian model. The 2001 may not be as accurate as the 2018 but I love my 2002 as much as my2018. That’s a fine instrument you have, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do with my 2002.

R994

Reaction score
I
I plan to enjoy it very much so. Don’t plan on get getting another r9 until way down the road of life. I mean I had to fight it a bit, I feel it sounds great, really nice les Paul this one screams

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use the search feature and search for title "Historic Changes '93-'07" ........it used to be a sticky here in the Historic section and it should be reinserted as a sticky.

It has all the info on the early Historics.

guitardon

Reaction score
Do u know when they started chambering?
I don't know but I think there is something in the COA that says it is chambeered. Othersw may know or search and see what comes up.

pmonk

Reaction score
Did you check the serial # to see if you just got super lucky?

Wasn't there a sticky on this forum that listed all the changes to reissues?

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you check the serial # to see if you just got super lucky?

Wasn't there a sticky on this forum that listed all the changes to reissues?
Yes.... i will bump it to the top.

Latest Threads