Guy pissed off neighbor so police shot him in the head.

KP

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy fatally shoots someone on average every two years. That is not an agenda, it is a fact.

You need to try reading the facts for a change. We all know your position on every cop involved incident. Just keep on trucking with your blinders on.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
You need to try reading the facts for a change. We all know your position on every cop involved incident. Just keep on trucking with your blinders on.

Cape, I'm not cop-unfriendly, but that stat is unreal.

I know cops in LA who don't run one shooting every two years.

Kashmir

Reaction score
Business as usual in the wild, wild west.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
nah this one won't take off. well unless someone brings up unions.

oops:naughty:

It's the fvcking unions man! If that cop was not protected by the union, he'd have been out of the force after 1 unnecessary shooting! Now he's at 6 and it's all because of the union!
When asked why he let himself shoot 6 people, his answer made no doubt: "it's all because of the union man! the union made me do it".
He added that when he shot the first person the union rep told him not to worry, that he would be defended left, right and center. "Just go on doing your work and shoot people and we'll take care of the rest".
"So I did!"

See?

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
sounds like this guy could potentially be serial killer in a uniform

My thoughts too. This guys likes killing.

I know many police officers very well. A few have been involved in police action shootings and have killed civilians.

Some of these officers are SWAT team members in large, violent cities. Some are in tactical teams for various Federal agencies where guns an killers are often encountered. Some are and have been deep undercover with the lowest of low life's. None of these guys has actually shot and or killed 6 humans.

I have friends and relatives that have been snipers in both Iraq and Afganistan. Only one of these three people who's job it was to seek out and kill the enemy has as many kills as this police officer.

Statistically, the odds of any peace officer encountering 6 different humans on 6 different occasions that require killing, though out his career would be astronomical.

That's all I am saying.

:applause:

just some icing on the cake.
twelve years shot seven, kill six, and you get $4500 MONTH FOR LIFE.
Scottsdale policeman involved in 6 kills seeks retirement | azfamily.com Phoenix

That's BS, he should be in jail not collecting thousands to sit at home.

WWDD.jpg

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
Cape, I'm not cop-unfriendly, but that stat is unreal.

I know cops in LA who don't run one shooting every two years.

As do I. I know guys that have been in this business 30+ years and never had to shoot someone.

I also know of several younger guys that have had to discharge their weapons several times.

Point is, no one here really knows the hard facts surrounding this incident or the police officer involved.

Maybe the guy works in the worst area of town and has requested to stay there instead of moving on to other, more administrative positions like more of us do over time.

Or maybe he really is quick to draw down or maybe he had justification each time he did. Far too many variables in this one to make a informed judgement or offer an opinion.

River

Reaction score
Or maybe he really is quick to draw down or maybe he had justification each time he did. Far too many variables in this one to make a informed judgement or offer an opinion.
You "know" me well enough (from these kinds of threads, anyway) to know that I understand that's a distinct possibility.

But my gut tells me it's not a probability.

Don't responsible Chiefs and Sheriffs reassign people thrust into those situations too frequently? :hmm:

If they don't, they should. As much for the officer's/deputy's good as anyone else's.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
I have friends and relatives that have been snipers in both Iraq and Afganistan. Only one of these three people who's job it was to seek out and kill the enemy has as many kills as this police officer.

Not really. The job mostly entails observations and tracking from a distance or to provide countersniper cover for ground units. Ask me how I know. :wave:

Statistically, the odds of any peace officer encountering 6 different humans on 6 different occasions that require killing, though out his career would be astronomical.

That's all I am saying.

Not true. I worked 'the beat' for 5 years in two locations. I encountered far more than 6 people I would have justified in shooting, however, I chose and utilized different approaches that prevented the use of a lethal service weapon. Most of you guys probably have seen my postings indicating my proclivity to Tasers. :dude:

That said, the couple incidents I've been involved in that required lethal force to be used in the protection of human life that was at an immediate threat of serious bodily injury/death (key words there), I didn't hesitate to use lethal force to prevent it.

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
I'm not one to jump on the "police are trigger-happy racist idiots" bandwagon, but 6 kills??? That's a lot. Either he really is a trigger happy hot head or he just has a talent for being in all the wrong places at the wrong times.

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
You "know" me well enough (from these kinds of threads, anyway) to know that I understand that's a distinct possibility.

But my gut tells me it's not a probability.

Don't responsible Chiefs and Sheriffs reassign people thrust into those situations too frequently? :hmm:

If they don't, they should. As much for the officer's/deputy's good as anyone else's.

I agree, the probability is very low but then again, we don't know what his specific role in the department was.

Responsible Chiefs and Sheriffs assign their people to cover sections that their people are best to fit.

If this guy was adjudged in each of the officer involved incidents as being 100% legit, then honestly, he would be the guy I would want working the more dangerous areas and keep those that were not 'up to par' away from areas where it was more likely they would encounter these incidents.

Take my word on this, it's far easier to bury a brother who was doing their job and doing it right than to bury one who just froze in the face of adversity and died because they were simply unable to act (not that I ever want either instance to happen again...ever)

huffdaddy

Reaction score
It's the fvcking unions man! If that cop was not protected by the union, he'd have been out of the force after 1 unnecessary shooting! Now he's at 6 and it's all because of the union!
When asked why he let himself shoot 6 people, his answer made no doubt: "it's all because of the union man! the union made me do it".
He added that when he shot the first person the union rep told him not to worry, that he would be defended left, right and center. "Just go on doing your work and shoot people and we'll take care of the rest".
"So I did!"

See?

Nah, because he's union he is lazy. If he were non-union, he would have at least 12 kills by now !

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The article is vague.

However I find the fact that this was a headshot with a rifle to be very odd.

The whole thing is odd.

Did the officer even knock on the door or get close to the dead guy? What really happened here?

Did the cop knock on the door then run back to his car really quick to get a rifle? Lean on the roof of the car and wait for the owner to walk out on his porch so he could pop him?

The whole thing's weird.

The fact it was a long range kill and this guy isn't SWAT or anything,.....

The whole thing just seems very odd and I'm left with more questions then answers.

River

Reaction score
Take my word on this, it's far easier to bury a brother who was doing their job and doing it right than to bury one who just froze in the face of adversity and died because they were simply unable to act (not that I ever want either instance to happen again...ever)
I do. Mucho respectito (or whatever the right word is).

This still smells like week-old fish, but we're dealing with forum posts and my refusal to research the guy or the case. So it goes.

Appearances of impropriety should be avoided at all costs, especially by persons in positions of authority. That's a principle I think we'll both agree has been violated.

But I'm just going off forum posts, not even "media" reports. Because this shit depresses me, on the whole. And I need no more shit than I already have.

I'm a big supporter of LEOs. But no one pisses down my back and tells me it's raining. I happen to know rain is cold.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know several infantryman with multiple tours, who combined probably haven't killed 6 people.

Sounds like some bullshit to me. He didn't even approach the guy from what it sounds like. So what, suspicious he's holding a firearm on his front porch gives you the right to shoot him? Sitting on the front porch with a weapon is perfectly legal.

Bullshit. **** this guy.

KP

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not see any malfeasance here. But, I bothered to go out and look for facts.

" History of Peters' shootings examined

In Peters' first incident, he shot at a suspect in a domestic SWAT situation but missed.
In his next three shootings, he killed: a disbarred lawyer who was pacing a canal with a shotgun; a suspect who reportedly tried to attack another officer with a pipe; and a gunman holding a hostage in a supermarket.
In all of those cases, multiple police and county attorney investigations ruled Peters' actions were justified. He was even heralded as a hero, and garnered a write up in an industry newsletter on policeone.com.
But a CBS 5 News source who has investigated Peters before and who asked to remain anonymous questioned two years ago Peters' prolific record and the ability of the department to remain truly unbiased.
The Scottsdale Police Department had to settle with the victim's family out of court in the officer's fifth shooting after Peters and others cut the power to a suspect's home and shot him dead when he came out with a gun to investigate.
Peters followed that up by opening fire on bank robbery suspect Jimmy Hammack in 2010. Peters and another officer said Hammack jumped into his truck and drove right at them. Hammack later died.
In Tuesday's Valentine's Day death, Peters was the only one who pulled the trigger."
Copyright 2012 KPHO (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved

Beerdog80

Banned
Reaction score
The whole thing just seems very odd and I'm left with more questions then answers.

This.

I found the whole thing odd as well. I might have to do a little digging on some of the 'secure' databases I have access to for something more substantive than this media outlet. A good way to spend my day off. :D

They don't seem to have an objective view on anything they report on, based on the other news stories I just browsed through on that site.

River

Reaction score
Thank a union.
JFC.

Here's "PraXis" with his political post for the thread du jour, violating the rules with impunity. Got any infarctions? No, probably not. Some equals are more equal than others.

Give it a fvckin' break. You're a one-track poster with a one-track mind on a one-track agenda.

If you think that sways independents to vote the way you want them to, you're kidding yourself.

Show us that you actually think for yourself. Once. Just once.

'Night, Rush.

Latest Threads