Guthrie Govan with the LP&axe fx II

abitran

Reaction score
Thank you guys :)

you can check out my new one (not on the LP)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B36XqvdpUCU[/ame]

bobarino

Reaction score
again, still too much delay for my taste, but the playing is excellent!

GuitarJoe

Reaction score
Great playing once again. Love seeing so much talent in a younger player.

artiem

Reaction score
Excellent job! I particularly enjoying your phrasing--you have a great sense of time.

babatube

Reaction score
thanks kido, just when i thought i was getting better you come and prove i'm shit ;)

awesome playing.
you are very talented!!!
keep on the good job.

LP Bob

Reaction score
Nice job!

How about some rhythm guitar sounds from that Axe-fx next? I find the Axe-fx sounds good for leads and cleans, but getting a really exceptional rhythm rock sounds out of it seems to have a bit of that digital honk that can't be dialed out.

Jeffguy

Reaction score
Ideally you should be using a Full Range Flat Response system to avoid colouring your AMP FX output. The Mesa Cab and Power amp are neither so you probably had to do some tweaks to get that nice sound and the volume you play at will affect them too, but good work!

When you get into the world of high end amp sims you'll realize quickly that FRFR and solid state neutral power amps sound excellent for recording/through a PA, but when not mic'd, such as most rehearsals, they don't quite have that punch and sparkle that a tube power section gives you (YET), and thus can get lost in the mix.

Using his rectifier, it will use the tubes and transformer of that Dual Rec's power section to push the AxeFxII. It will colour the tone. But what it does Primarily is add a "tube tone" to the digital preset. This adds cut and clarity for that "In Room" amp sound when not mic'd or recording. Another thing to think about is IR's. If you're using FRFR or recording, IR's make or break the tone. When using a guitar cabinet, turning IR's off creates a more realistic amp tone.

How do I know this? Well, I've been going back and forth from my Matrix GT800Fx to my 5150ii as the power section for my AxeFxII. They both sound great, but it just depends on if you want a better "Amp In Room" sound, or if you're using a mic/PA set up. For my last gig I used the 5150ii and it sounded amazing. At the merch booth after our set I Had Loads of people asking what the hell my rig was and how I got my tones. Right now I'm back to using the Matrix as firmware update 14 came out and the EVH5150iii red channel smokes big time!

And wicked tonez bro! I'll check out your band :dude:

Latest Threads