Gun sales on the rise in Colorado

Deftone

Reaction score
Why did ya not pull that gun out of your pocket and shoot that guy that robbed your phramacy ? I know you had a weapon in your pocket.

You ain't never shot or killed anyone yet, which is good, but now you know the fear and adrenalin and there is no training, not the real deal for that.

And I would think you are banned from having a firearm at work and would ruin your career.

You did real good man.

And the odds are that guy will OD before he ever hurts anyone I bet.

He's not permitted to carry at work. I hope you're right, I hope the guy does OD, before he hurts someone.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We should not be allowed "assault" rifles since the Founders only had muskets. The Founders also communicated with just quill and ink, and not the Internet. Obviously the 1st Amendment does not apply to high speed presses, telephones, radio, television, and the interwebs.

tag2

Reaction score
It's possible the sales numbers might say more about the fragile intellect of the gun buying public than anything else. Especially with a certain demographic of the 49%.

Does any person of sane mind really believe that some covert government force is going to simultaneously invade a couple hundred million homes and illegally take away their guns?

I have one gun; full of hollow points. (Yes I keep it loaded,......at all times.) I shoot it once or twice a year to keep sharp. I can protect my family. I doubt I will ever be able to stop a mass massacre in a movie theater.

I wonder what our founding fathers would write in the Constitution about the right to bear arms if they were writing that document today?

Firearms have already been taken away from legal gun owners in recent times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/08/national/nationalspecial/08cnd-storm.html?pagewanted=all

The bigger question is; would our nation's law enforcement and military obey an order that directly violates the Constitution, which they all took the Oath to protect and uphold.

I am far from a conspiracy theorist, but don't kid yourself.

JMV

Reaction score
I bought a little more ammo and a new holster (from White Hat Holsters - HIGHLY recommended) yesterday. :thumb:

But I didn't buy 6000 rounds, so I should escape the ire of the media.

cherokee

Reaction score
It's possible the sales numbers might say more about the fragile intellect of the gun buying public than anything else. Especially with a certain demographic of the 49%.

Does any person of sane mind really believe that some covert government force is going to simultaneously invade a couple hundred million homes and illegally take away their guns?

I have one gun; full of hollow points. (Yes I keep it loaded,......at all times.) I shoot it once or twice a year to keep sharp. I can protect my family. I doubt I will ever be able to stop a mass massacre in a movie theater.

I wonder what our founding fathers would write in the Constitution about the right to bear arms if they were writing that document today?

Trust me....you are not sharp....in a great many areas.

I think I have a sane mind, and doubt that some covert goverment force will take away all the guns, but I also have a brain between my ears unlike some people and know how this was taken care of in places like australia and know the same can happen here....end result is the same.

What would the founding fathers write into the Constitution if they could see today, but just finished a war with the worlds first super power and won....I would bet the wording on the 2nd would change a bit to make it a bit more clear....I also think many things like term limits for every branch of the goverment would be written in....and some some bits on the justice system would be changed.

Take care in this thinking....why does someone need 50-100 rounds in a gun...we will do away with shuch things.....keep that in mind after you can't find those mags for your 10/22 that is now an assault weapon...or weapon of mass destruction...because with how some people are talking, even that rotary in your 10/22 that holds 10 is too much...why do you need 10.

JMV

Reaction score
Yep...shooting once or twice a year certainly does not keep you sharp. Shooting once a week sure does!

I go shoot about 1-2 times per month. I would go more if I could afford it.

JMV

Reaction score
Reload.

Or is it other expenses?

I may end up going that route. I've looked into a single stage press (though I'd love a progressive press).

I'd have to cover 9mm, .40, and .357 Magnum. The expense of getting into it just a little prohibitive. I've been keeping an eye on Craigslist in case I see any good presses used for a good price.

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may end up going that route. I've looked into a single stage press (though I'd love a progressive press).

I'd have to cover 9mm, .40, and .357 Magnum. The expense of getting into it just a little prohibitive. I've been keeping an eye on Craigslist in case I see any good presses used for a good price.

We have a Rock Chucker my son likes to use.

A friend has a progressive but he shoots a LOT of IDPA and just generally. He recently got a Rock Chucker for rifle cartridges.

I prefer a Lee hand press. Doesn't require a heavy bench. I just sit on the couch watching TV and knock out rounds:

Lee Hand Press Kit

Slower than a progressive, but I just plug away all zen like in the zone for an evening of baseball.

Plus Lee carbide kits for each cartridge are cheap enough. I also use a hand primer squeezer deal.

Once the brass is cleaned in a cheap vibrator tumbler with some polish it's slippery enough not to need lube. Eezy peezy.

JMV

Reaction score

A friend has a progressive but he shoots a LOT of IDPA and just generally. He recently got a Rock Chucker for rifle cartridges.

I prefer a Lee hand press. Doesn't require a heavy bench. I just sit on the couch watching TV and knock out rounds:

Lee Hand Press Kit

Slower than a progressive, but I just plug away all zen like in the zone for an evening of baseball.

Plus Lee carbide kits for each cartridge are cheap enough. I also use a hand primer squeezer deal.

Once the brass is cleaned in a cheap vibrator tumbler with some polish it's slippery enough not to need lube. Eezy peezy.

That hand press is pretty darn cool, especially as I doubt I'll need to reload more than 100 rounds at a time as I'm getting started. Thanks for the link!

cwness

Reaction score
So...the blue "AK-47" car on the poster has an automatic, right?

That was funny

Firearms have already been taken away from legal gun owners in recent times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/08/national/nationalspecial/08cnd-storm.html?pagewanted=all

The bigger question is; would our nation's law enforcement and military obey an order that directly violates the Constitution, which they all took the Oath to protect and uphold.

I am far from a conspiracy theorist, but don't kid yourself.

Katrina ring any bells. Some still haven't gotten their guns back.
All these people who think the government won't do something take
or ban guns is kidding themselves and are just foolish.

I bought a little more ammo and a new holster (from White Hat Holsters - HIGHLY recommended) yesterday. :thumb:

But I didn't buy 6000 rounds, so I should escape the ire of the media.

Ya I put in another order myself before the price goes up again.

Yep...shooting once or twice a year certainly does not keep you sharp. Shooting once a week sure does!

I go shoot about 1-2 times per month. I would go more if I could afford it.

This is the kind of person I don't think should have a gun. If he thinks
once or twice a year is enough he's not thinking. Not you JMV I'm talking about Joe. Just want to be clear and agree with you.

Lee Hand Press Kit

Great little loader for the beginner or anyone. They are also on sale till the
end of the month in your link. I use my for quick one offs when I just don't
need enough for a full day of shooting.

CW

tag2

Reaction score
And, we need not forget, Katrina happened on G. W. Bush's watch. This is not a partisan politics issue.

morrow

Banned
Reaction score

cherokee

Reaction score
That hand press is pretty darn cool, especially as I doubt I'll need to reload more than 100 rounds at a time as I'm getting started. Thanks for the link!

Take a look at the lee turret presses....that is what I use and they are SO much faster over a single stage it is not funny.

They do sell a kit...but some of the stuff in the kit is worthless, After the press get yourself a good scale (about $40) tumbler, trimmer and then the dies and off the top of my head you are set. They are very nice.

Youtube lee turret press and you will see it...Personally after going this route I don't think I will ever move to a progressive....and I shoot quite a bit.

But don't kid yourself, you will not save any money....but you will shoot more.

45WinMag

Reaction score

Just ordered the breech lock version (you don't have to set up your dies every time you change them out). I have dies for a couple of calibers that are out of production, but nowhere to set up my turret press. Problem solved!

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

JMV

Reaction score

criminals-obey-law.jpg

Latest Threads