Gun sales on the rise in Colorado

Deftone

Reaction score
Gun sales have actually been on the rise since Obama took office. Every shop in my area is cleaned out of ammo and guns. They stock up, and they get cleaned out again. Demand is high, supply cannot keep up.

One gun store employee told me they want to put up Obama's picture and caption it, "Salesman of the Year."

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
...Every shop in my area is cleaned out of ammo and guns. They stock up, and they get cleaned out again...

Yeah, around here certain things are rising in price almost daily, like AR-15 variants and components.

I overhear many non-sensical conversations about this and that, but mostly everybody agrees that as the end of the year -and the election- draw near, prices and availability on ammo is going to be a big concern.

delawaregold

_______Artie_______
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Ruger Temporarily Suspends New Orders

Ruger has announced that new orders have been temporarily
suspended after the company received more than one million
orders in the first quarter of 2012.

After receiving more than one million order requests in the first
quarter of 2012 alone, Sturm, Ruger & Co. has temporarily
suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Ruger CEO Michael O. Fifer said that despite the company's
continuing efforts to increase production, the incoming order
rate exceeds Ruger's capacity to rapidly fulfill the orders.

Ruger Temporarily Suspends New Orders

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here I thought the Zombie Apocalypse was just fluff nobody would take seriously.

Silly me. I'm orderin' more ammo!

allbusinessjoe

Reaction score
Gun sales have actually been on the rise since Obama took office. Every shop in my area is cleaned out of ammo and guns. They stock up, and they get cleaned out again. Demand is high, supply cannot keep up.

One gun store employee told me they want to put up Obama's picture and caption it, "Salesman of the Year."

It's possible the sales numbers might say more about the fragile intellect of the gun buying public than anything else. Especially with a certain demographic of the 49%.

Does any person of sane mind really believe that some covert government force is going to simultaneously invade a couple hundred million homes and illegally take away their guns?

I have one gun; full of hollow points. (Yes I keep it loaded,......at all times.) I shoot it once or twice a year to keep sharp. I can protect my family. I doubt I will ever be able to stop a mass massacre in a movie theater.

I wonder what our founding fathers would write in the Constitution about the right to bear arms if they were writing that document today?

bertzie

Reaction score

Or maybe they're restricting manufacturing to increase price. :shock:

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or maybe they're restricting manufacturing to increase price. :shock:

I don't believe that's the case.

These things ebb and flow depending on headlines, rumors, etc. Kinda like Wall St.

If somebody is sold out, I can find it elsewhere in bulk online. Sometimes shipping is low, sometimes there's no deals to be had on shipping.

Prices will rise (and fall) for the ammo too.
It's a competitive market.

Right now there's a run on it in Colorado (like presently). Other times California.

If US manufacturers limited production, the Russins would get more market share. I have some cheap Herter's ammo: it's of Russian manufacture (in nice vintage style yellow Herter's packages)!

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...the blue "AK-47" car on the poster has an automatic, right?

allbusinessjoe

Reaction score

I suppose fear mongering has it's place.

Just like that evil Elvis Presley was gong to turn all American girls onto satanism.

I missed the memo. Did that ever happen?

River

Reaction score
So...the blue "AK-47" car on the poster has an automatic, right?
WHO%2BIS%2BEL%2BKABONG%2B4.png

So many people think this stuff is so simple and obvious.

It's simply obvious that they don't talk to their wives.

Who, btw, happen to vote. :slash:

Smug will get you embarrassed, every time.

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
I wasn't laughing.

I was, however, grinning widely after selling so many guns with him cited as a primary reason. :D :applause:

Right or wrong, it is what it is.

Oh - Mrs. Neo and the women of her entire extended family have surprised many a hen with their voting habits over the years.
They don't vote on TV drivel and bullsh!t spin.

Same for the church crowd.
"Values voters" I think they are called.

Hip, trendy, cool and freebies for everybody are not concepts that lure them in.

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
All part of learning how to "govern."

People react in various ways they hadn't suspected when they started rattling swords at domestic issues as-if they were foreign affairs.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
I suppose fear mongering has it's place.

Just like that evil Elvis Presley was gong to turn all American girls onto satanism.

I missed the memo. Did that ever happen?

but elvis wasn't actually trying that either. there are people in Washington and elsewhere who are doing just that, even if it costs the lives of hundreds of mexicans and 1 US Border Agent.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
It's PR for the world. It won't pass Constitutional muster here, because the Constitution cannot be overridden by a treaty. The latter has the force of statutory law, but the Constitution is the measure against which any law is compared. And the current Supreme Court clearly supports expanded gun rights.

That sounds great in theory, but it's pretty obvious that none of the 3 branches give a damn about the Constitution. And that's not unique to 1 side.

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well confiscation and outlawing are one thing: registering - quite another...

...I'm a bit concerned about what Hillary's signing us up for.

A resolution here, a resolution there.

Pretty soon bureaucrats have circumvented the Constitution, just like when the Brady Bill was formulated, with all its riders...

delawaregold

_______Artie_______
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

This is getting dangerously close to political.
(Probably already there) Please stay on topic.
Thanks.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
That sounds great in theory, but it's pretty obvious that none of the 3 branches give a damn about the Constitution. And that's not unique to 1 side.

To an extent, you're right. But this Court has shown favor to gun rights that hasn't been seen in decades.

High court strikes down gun ban - CNN
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/29/us/29scotus.html

eta: And with that, I'm going to leave the subject alone, only because I don't want to get someone else's thread shut down. Fenn, if you want to discuss this further, or just reply to my last post, it's cool, PM me, and we can carry on there.

Latest Threads