guitarscratchremover.com

ehamady6

Reaction score
Now that I've had the scratch remover for a couple of days and my excitement has levelled off a bit, I can give a better description of the process I used to successfully remove the scratches on my black LPC:

------

1. I went over the entire front of my guitar with Virtuoso Cleaner on a micro-fiber towel to give the scratch remover a nice clean base to build on.

2. I applied 4 applications of the scratch remover directly on the scratches and swirls (2 apps on Monday and 2 on Tuesday). The 1st 2 apps I rubbed firmly and softened the pressure on the last 2 (the first 2 apps got the scratches out and I did the other 2 apps just for good measure). A couple of quarter-sized globs took care of all 4 apps. I shook the scratch remover well for about 30 seconds and dabbed the towel on what was stuck to the inside of the cap.

3. Wednesday I applied 2 coats of Virtuoso Polish on the entire front of my guitar for what I like to call "schmutz protection". The scratch remover produced a beautiful glossy shine and the Virtuoso Polish added to it.

4. Total time spent: 20 minutes. And I can't rave enough about those micro-fiber towels. They simply do not add scratches or swirls and are washable/reusable. I'm definitely going to order more of them.

------

Knowing that I can remove scratches has lifted my fear of digging in harder with my pick the way I like to. This will sound funny, but the scratch remover has actually increased playability because I feel I can take the gloves off now when playing my Les Paul Custom as I do playing my Jacksons that cost a fraction of my Gibson.

Huey

Reaction score
Now that I've had the scratch remover for a couple of days and my excitement has levelled off a bit, I can give a better description of the process I used to successfully remove the scratches on my black LPC:

------

1. I went over the entire front of my guitar with Virtuoso Cleaner on a micro-fiber towel to give the scratch remover a nice clean base to build on.

2. I applied 4 applications of the scratch remover directly on the scratches and swirls (2 apps on Monday and 2 on Tuesday). The 1st 2 apps I rubbed firmly and softened the pressure on the last 2 (the first 2 apps got the scratches out and I did the other 2 apps just for good measure). A couple of quarter-sized globs took care of all 4 apps. I shook the scratch remover well for about 30 seconds and dabbed the towel on what was stuck to the inside of the cap.

3. Wednesday I applied 2 coats of Virtuoso Polish on the entire front of my guitar for what I like to call "schmutz protection". The scratch remover produced a beautiful glossy shine and the Virtuoso Polish added to it.

4. Total time spent: 20 minutes. And I can't rave enough about those micro-fiber towels. They simply do not add scratches or swirls and are washable/reusable. I'm definitely going to order more of them.

------

Knowing that I can remove scratches has lifted my fear of digging in harder with my pick the way I like to. This will sound funny, but the scratch remover has actually increased playability because I feel I can take the gloves off now when playing my Les Paul Custom as I do playing my Jacksons that cost a fraction of my Gibson.

awesome, mine should be here monday or tuesday :D

Vintage_Burster

Reaction score
Hmm, the video wasnt very convincing.

I have a pretty bad scratch that Virtuoso didnt remove, would this stuff take it out, its only fairly small. Can it be used on a very small area without having to polish the whole guitar?

ehamady6

Reaction score
Hmm, the video wasnt very convincing.

I have a pretty bad scratch that Virtuoso didnt remove, would this stuff take it out, its only fairly small. Can it be used on a very small area without having to polish the whole guitar?

I only used the scratch remover on the scratches, not the entire guitar. So yes, you can use it on as small of an area as you'd like. Note that if your scratch is deeper than the one in the picture in my first post, the product may not work for you. You may have to apply the remover 5 or 6 times to build it up in the scratch. The video easily convinced me to try it because every other product I tried was based on word-of-mouth and they ended up doing zero.

I also had no success with Virtuoso Cleaner and Polish on my scratches (possibly because my guitar is black), but I could tell the guitarscratchremover was working as I applied it. They formulated it specifically for black paint. The only way I can describe it is that when I rub it on it feels like it attaches to the scratches and fills them in. When I tried ScratchX it felt abrasive, like it was trying to knock down the areas around the scratches rather than raise or fill them. This was the best $10 I've spent. The ScratchX is now in my garage to be used on my car rather than my guitar. The Virtuoso products are excellent and work very well for me in conjunction with the scratch remover.

Vintage_Burster

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I may give it ago now, the scratch isnt very deep (I hope, doesnt look deep..)

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Guys, this stuff is just polishing compound.

We use 3M polishing compound. Not very sexy, but it WORKS.

ehamady6

Reaction score
Guys, this stuff is just polishing compound.

We use 3M polishing compound. Not very sexy, but it WORKS.

Thanks for chiming in BCRGreg. A luthier can explain this stuff much better than I can. Does the 3M polishing compound work well on black guitars? Does the guitar's color even matter? Can the 3M compond be applied by hand or do you use an orbital buffer of some type?

The guitarscratchremover product I bought certainly isn't sexy either. Well, maybe it's a little sexy. But, along with those micro-fiber towels, it WORKS for me where all of the other products I tried failed, and it's so easy to use. That's all I could ask for. I found that $10 for no scratches was a good investment for me.

Huey

Reaction score
okay man, i got my stuff on friday and let me tell you, ITS AWESOME, it did everything that ScratchX didn't, it even took off the scratches on the headstock from string changes, amazing stuff, everyone should get some :D

oldsawman

Reaction score
i have a 07 G&L F-100 return edtion(100 made) mine is #9 BTW.i kinda swirled and scratched it with some overzealous polishing and using the wrong type of cloth. ive tried Dean Markley finish restorer using kleenex and it made it worse then i tried scratch X with microfber nothing doing. now its foggy in those areas. i ve ordered some of this product , we ll see .

Huey

Reaction score
i have a 07 G&L F-100 return edtion(100 made) mine is #9 BTW.i kinda swirled and scratched it with some overzealous polishing and using the wrong type of cloth. ive tried Dean Markley finish restorer using kleenex and it made it worse then i tried scratch X with microfber nothing doing. now its foggy in those areas. i ve ordered some of this product , we ll see .

cool man, any polishing swirls will def disappear with this stuff, sit tight, you will be relieved in no time :D

ehamady6

Reaction score
okay man, i got my stuff on friday and let me tell you, ITS AWESOME, it did everything that ScratchX didn't, it even took off the scratches on the headstock from string changes, amazing stuff, everyone should get some :D

Huey,
Fantastic news!!!
I knew it would do the job for you.

Vintage_Burster

Reaction score
Waitin' for my money to hit paypal and Im buyin!

I just saw the scratches all over the back of my Paul from a metal button on my pants, nearly had a fit. It doesnt bother me much and more but hey, its somethin' to do :D

Thanks for the referance TS!

ehamady6

Reaction score
Waitin' for my money to hit paypal and Im buyin!

I just saw the scratches all over the back of my Paul from a metal button on my pants, nearly had a fit. It doesnt bother me much and more but hey, its somethin' to do :D

Thanks for the referance TS!

Let us know how it turns out.

Vintage_Burster

Reaction score
Shes all ready to go, Virtuoso'd it 4 times last night (1 cleaner, 3 polish) now I gotta wait 2 weeks for the polish (1 week for paypal, then order it and wait) Maybe I polished a little early? :lol:

The Virtuoso helped but there are some pretty bad scratches there, one I can feel with my fingernail, that one may not come out, but it will help it. :)

Huey

Reaction score
Shes all ready to go, Virtuoso'd it 4 times last night (1 cleaner, 3 polish) now I gotta wait 2 weeks for the polish (1 week for paypal, then order it and wait) Maybe I polished a little early? :lol:

The Virtuoso helped but there are some pretty bad scratches there, one I can feel with my fingernail, that one may not come out, but it will help it. :)

awesome man, it didn't take that long for them to get it to me, ordered tuesday, got it friday :D, good luck, i mean have fun :D

ehamady6

Reaction score

When are you expecting the Guitarscratchremover product? :hmm:

ehamady6

Reaction score
I stumbled on another use for the guitarscratchremover. I was looking at my mirrored pickguards and they each had some good sized pick scratches. For giggles I rubbed the scratches with 3 coats of the goop and each PG looks brand new. For some reason I never would've thought the stuff would work on a mirrored surface, but it does!

Huey

Reaction score
I stumbled on another use for the guitarscratchremover. I was looking at my mirrored pickguards and they each had some good sized pick scratches. For giggles I rubbed the scratches with 3 coats of the goop and each PG looks brand new. For some reason I never would've thought the stuff would work on a mirrored surface, but it does!
awesome man, lookin forward to hearing from vintage burster but i don't think it will take 2 weeks :hmm:

rtesdorph

Reaction score
Hey dudes... ;)
I've just got the Player's Kit from Guitarscratchremover.com because i have some scrathes on my les paul's. i started to put some on my ''Epiphone Les Paul Standard'' because i wanted to try it out on a cheaper les paul before i did it on my ''Gibson Les Paul Traditional''... ;D but the scrathes on my epi just didn't seam to come off...? in the players kid there is a 'blue' Guitar Finish Restore Plus and two 'red' Guitar Finish Restore Plus. I just took'd the Micro-fiber Towel put some of the red stuff on the towel, and wiped it on in cirkles, and then I wiped it off again... Then I took'd some of the 'blue' stuff on the towel, and did the same thing... But the scrathes didn't go away... !
-what is the diferent between the red and the blue?
-why can't i get the scrathes off?
-And how did you do it?
Thank's in advance... ;) ROCK ON!!!

Latest Threads