Guitars and Divorce

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
The ones who really win in a divorce are the lawyers
the whole man hating trend started back in the eighties , when a group of lesbians and lawyers got together and started writing articles for Cosmopolitan magazine . their aim was to see how both parties could benefit , by convincing women to give their men the " let's see if he really loves you " quizzes

couples fought . divorces followed . girls nights out became girls nights in

true story

Last edited:

rogue3

Reaction score
the whole man hating trend started back in the eighties , when a group of lesbians and lawyers got together and started writing articles for Cosmopolitan magazine . their aim was to see how both parties could benefit , by convincing women to give their men the " let's see if he really loves you " quizzes

couples fought . divorces followed . girls nights out became girls nights in

true story
Men ultimately won that battle,imo.But not in divorce court($).

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Men ultimately won that battle,imo.But not in divorce court($).
Not really.
Mansplaining
Manspread
Homer Simpson

Reverse the terms to "Womansplaining/spread" or present a bumbling dumb incompetent ignorant mother figure and see how quickly you end up being the target of "Me-too"
Notice how there are no strong father figures on TV... They are the targets of ridicule.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you live in Michigan, personal property acquired before the marriage is yours.

BigJim

Reaction score
Brightside.

I'm knee deep in guitars, golf clubs and hoes, 4 yrs divorced....

straightblues

Reaction score
Between both lawyers in the room, and two stenographers, we spent more money discussing my guitars that some are actually worth..... :rolleyes:
This is why you need to just roll over and pay the $5K. If someone has to appraise your instruments, they will charge $200 an hour and of course it will take them 10 hours.

I have been involved in about 200 lawsuits (work related). Nobody wins except the lawyers. My recommendation is always settle as quickly as possible. Fighting over small things (in court under $25K) never pays. You and your soon to be ex just got to quickly agree on number and move on. It cost you $800 to fight each hour in court, and probably another 5 or 6 hours in prep for an hour court fight. Court isn't about fairness, rightness, good and evil, it is about settling fights in a public forum. Lawyers want to continue fighting because they make more money. If you let them, they will have you fighting forever. Tell the ex every dollar you pay lawyers is a dollar less you and she will have to split. Settle, settle, settle.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Take your least favorite.......give it to her and see what she says. Then offer her $2000 and tell her take a pick she will take it and run.

Howard2k

Reaction score
This is why you need to just roll over and pay the $5K. If someone has to appraise your instruments, they will charge $200 an hour and of course it will take them 10 hours.

I have been involved in about 200 lawsuits (work related). Nobody wins except the lawyers. My recommendation is always settle as quickly as possible. Fighting over small things (in court under $25K) never pays. You and your soon to be ex just got to quickly agree on number and move on. It cost you $800 to fight each hour in court, and probably another 5 or 6 hours in prep for an hour court fight. Court isn't about fairness, rightness, good and evil, it is about settling fights in a public forum. Lawyers want to continue fighting because they make more money. If you let them, they will have you fighting forever. Tell the ex every dollar you pay lawyers is a dollar less you and she will have to split. Settle, settle, settle.
damn good advice, in my opinion.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

+1
My boss went through hell with a batshit crazy ex who would game the system just to fuck with him.
She'd make a false claim, and the morning of the hearing to make the TRO permanent, she'd drop the claim.
Did it a dozen times.
Every time he did it, he'd have to take his guns to the local cops, have his attorney prep his defense, AND appear in court (because she would drop the charges minutes before the hearing was scheduled).
Then it was another $500 to get his guns back from the cops, in addition to the $$$$$ to his attorney.
She was an attorney and knew exactly how far she could push it before she'd get nailed with contempt.
She was paying her attorney "in services"
She was ultimately disbarred.

Howard2k

Reaction score
+1
My boss went through hell with a batshit crazy ex who would game the system just to fuck with him.
She'd make a false claim, and the morning of the hearing to make the TRO permanent, she'd drop the claim.
Did it a dozen times.
Every time he did it, he'd have to take his guns to the local cops, have his attorney prep his defense, AND appear in court (because she would drop the charges minutes before the hearing was scheduled).
Then it was another $500 to get his guns back from the cops, in addition to the $$$$$ to his attorney.
She was an attorney and knew exactly how far she could push it before she'd get nailed with contempt.
She was paying her attorney "in services"
She was ultimately disbarred.

What a see you next Tuesday!

dro

Reaction score
I'll give you $500.00 for the lot. Sell 'em back to you after final.

Latest Threads