Guitarist Magazine Issue 430 Bernie Marsden's The Beast Collector Edition

Les Paul John

Reaction score
I don't subscribe to Guitarist magazine, I should .... I did for one year and never renewed but anyway ....

Issue 430 featuring Bernie Marsden's The Beast is a great issue celebrating 60 years of Les Pauls and the collector edition comes with a poster of The Beast.

I had to eBay this one a few months ago and it was the only one listed, had to buy it from someone in the UK and am glad to have it. I had emailed Bernie and told him of my discovery and he said people try to find one and never do and to be grateful I found it.

Great issue .... anyway here are some photos of it. Bernie's a first class fellow and a very nice person.

162309.jpg
IMG_0253 (1).jpg
IMG_0251 (1).jpg
IMG_0252 (1).jpg
IMG_0244 (1).jpg
IMG_0245 (1).jpg
IMG_0241 (1).jpg
IMG_0243 (1).jpg

Attachments

Hatefulsob

Reaction score
That particular guitar really does seem to have its own thing going on, really a unique quality to its voice. To be honest I've listened to recordings and seen videos (I know, NOT like being in the room) of '58-60' bursts and they sound like nothing particularly special, but the Beast really is in another class.

Bluesky

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I got to meet and hangout with Bernie on the first JB blues cruise. He also sat next to me when Robben Ford was on. I asked why he wasnt back stage with every one else he said " sounds wayyyyy better out here mate!". I bought him a beer....very cool guy.

Robben Ford..... thats a whole different story

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
Any guy with 2 B's in his first name, not followed immediately by a "y", is bound to be an ass. I would love to hear The Beast in person.

spoony

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered my magazine, via, eBay. Looking forward to it arriving on Monday. The coffee table book looks pretty awesome.

John thanks for bringing this to our attention,

s

Les Paul John

Reaction score
Ordered my magazine, via, eBay. Looking forward to it arriving on Monday. The coffee table book looks pretty awesome.

John thanks for bringing this to our attention,

s

Cool, I hope you enjoy it. The UK limited edition with the poster is very rare and hard to find. You didn't specify but I hope that's what you found. The magazine is the same, exactly, just minus the poster if it isn't the special edition.

Les Paul John

Reaction score
Once again, that dark, nearly ebony BRW board is my wow factor … the rest of the guitar is nice too.

I have an 80s Washburn with an old rosewood board that looks like an old vintage Gibson board now. It's really neat to see the finger impression wear and chip marks. Here's a photo of the old Washburn board.

IMG_9786.jpg
IMG_9790.jpg
IMG_9789.jpg
IMG_9788.jpg
IMG_9792.jpg
IMG_9787.jpg
IMG_9791.jpg
IMG_9799.jpg
IMG_9803.jpg
IMG_9798.jpg
IMG_9802.jpg
IMG_9797.jpg
IMG_9801.jpg
IMG_9800.jpg

spoony

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Received the magazine. Sadly it is not the U.K. Limited edition but other then not having the poster is there other differences? I am probably going to subscribe and would recommend this publication. Awesome throughout! Interview with, one of my favorites, Steve Howe and the riff examples on Ritchie Blackmore were fun.

s

ASG

Reaction score
I have an 80s Washburn with an old rosewood board that looks like an old vintage Gibson board now. It's really neat to see the finger impression wear and chip marks. Here's a photo of the old Washburn board.
It's cool you love you guitar man but posting that is this thread as if it is comparable is sacrilege!

Les Paul John

Reaction score
It's cool you love you guitar man but posting that is this thread as if it is comparable is sacrilege!
It was posted mainly for the issue of the fretboard being aged. I wasn’t comparing the guitars to each other. Next time I’ll highly detail and specify the info as to not confuse people. As for old fretboards they look nicely seasoned when 30+ yrs old ... even on an old guitar that’s not a Gibson.

Les Paul John

Reaction score
Received the magazine. Sadly it is not the U.K. Limited edition but other then not having the poster is there other differences? I am probably going to subscribe and would recommend this publication. Awesome throughout! Interview with, one of my favorites, Steve Howe and the riff examples on Ritchie Blackmore were fun.

s
Yes it’s the same issue :)

The Blues Heroes insert magazine also came with it.

somebodyelseuk

Reaction score