Guitar with a Les Paul bridge/tailpiece but Fender scale length?

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Les Paul bridge and tailpiece is by far my absolute favorite. I love the height of the bridge above the body and the way that the strings break away over the bridge: it's just perfect for my right hand to control the exact amount of muting that I want, and on what string. That's probably due to a Les Paul being my first guitar, but I just can't get on with Strats or other types of bridges very well. Even if I can play some things great on a Strat, I can never palm mute how I want to with one (or with other "Superstrat" guitars). There are times that I really love the longer, 25.5" scale length of Fenders, though.

What guitars are out there with the bridge of a Les Paul but the scale length of a Fender? For instance the Schecter Ultra has a Les Paul style bridge, but it's also a 24.75" scale:

Thanks for the help!

Roxy13

Reaction score
Someone here donated an ESP F-150 I think it was called for someone I knew who wanted to start playing guitar but didn't really have any money. That one was a long scale neck if I recall correctly with a tune o matic bridge but string through body instead of a TP.

So quite possibly there are other ESP guitars that have the long scale neck but tune o matic bridge.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fender Troublemaker, if you can find one.
Basically LP electronics and hardware on a Tele body. It even keeps the 12" radius and block inlays.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
in this alternate unverse the les paul would have through body strings and a bridge linked to springs. mind, blown.

Michael Matyas

Reaction score
One of the Hamer Monaco models had the Gibson Style bridge and tailpiece and the 25.5 inch scale. I'm not talking about the Monaco Subtone--I think that was a baritone. I don't think they make them anymore but there's always the pre-owned market.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Some cool suggestions; I'm always amazed at how few guitar models I'm familiar with. I doubt that I would actually buy an alternate universe Fender, though if I found a good deal on a used one, who knows? I'll check some more ESP models, too.

The only Hamer Monaco type guitar (I'd never heard of that guitar) that I see with a 25.5" scale is the Archtop Tremolo, with a Wilkinson bridge.

I am aware of the Les Paul Custom Long Scale that came out in 2014, and if they were more abundant or less expensive, I'd probably just snatch one up. As it is, I'm looking for alternatives.

none2low

Reaction score
Here's a Fender alternative, but still in the Fender family

And some cool ESP's.

The phoenix also comes in a dual pickup configuration.

vetteman

Reaction score
Don't forget the Gibson Vegas Hi Roller models up through 2007! Very nice neck and overall weight as they were a 'thinline' type design.
DSCN0159.JPG
DSCN0159.JPG

Last edited:

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Someone here donated an ESP F-150 I think it was called for someone I knew who wanted to start playing guitar but didn't really have any money. That one was a long scale neck if I recall correctly with a tune o matic bridge but string through body instead of a TP.

So quite possibly there are other ESP guitars that have the long scale neck but tune o matic bridge.
I found this guitar and I'm sure that there are more, good tip:

1605756764993.png

Something like that might be exactly what I want, thanks! Flamed top, mahogany body, etc.

Last edited:

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I should have specified solid body, but those are good suggestions. I'll check more G&L.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Some 2009 Gibson Nighthawks came with a tunomatic although I think they are pretty rare

View attachment 500750
I didn't know that, thanks. I've owned a Nighthawk with Floyd Rose and one without. They're interesting guitars, so one with a ToM would be worth checking out.

Latest Threads