Guitar shops in Vegas that carry Historics

BlisterFingers

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm going to be in Las Vegas next week for a conference. Can anyone point me to any music stores that stock historics? Looking to try as many as possible to get a feel for the different neck carves before I decide on which one to go for.

Thanks

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm going to be in Las Vegas next week for a conference. Can anyone point me to any music stores that stock historics? Looking to try as many as possible to get a feel for the different neck carves before I decide on which one to go for.

Thanks

CHeck for a Guitar Center, and Ed Roman prolly has some, Ted Nugent scored a real nice 59 VOS from there , Maybe Cowtown Guitars, though most of their stuff is used

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I thought Ed still had a big hate on for Gibson... last I heard he had some nice copies, but no real deals. I might be heading to Vegas soon too, and I'll definitely have to talk to Roman. He'll probably throw me out of his store within a few minutes, but at least I'll have a story to tell. :D

terence_tez

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
CHeck for a Guitar Center, and Ed Roman prolly has some, Ted Nugent scored a real nice 59 VOS from there , Maybe Cowtown Guitars, though most of their stuff is used

i thoughht ed roman was the guy who hated les pauls/gibsons?

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I thought Ed still had a big hate on for Gibson... last I heard he had some nice copies, but no real deals. I might be heading to Vegas soon too, and I'll definitely have to talk to Roman. He'll probably throw me out of his store within a few minutes, but at least I'll have a story to tell. :D

Ed Dosnt like Les Pauls, True, and yes he has some things to say bout Gibson ect as well , but he still markets em Guitars - Gibson Guitars - Ed Roman Guitars

dwagar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think he hates them until he finds out you want to buy one, then he probably loves them.

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think he hates them until he finds out you want to buy one, then he probably loves them.

Ed Roman's been around the guitar biz for decades, He isnt going to stop stocking Gibson's just because he himself dosent like them or their marketing, he is all about having the best, what you or others consider best, He may try and steer you into a guitar he feels is better, but he wont argue if you are dead set on what you want

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ed's an interesting guy... I talked to him on the phone and he can be quite colorful in his opinions of things, but all in all, the man knows guitars and I respect that. I'd like to meet him face to face... but like I said, he'd probably throw me out. :D

Spicoli

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I thought the leprechaun (Ed Roman) went out of biz?

85fu1if.jpg

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I thought the leprechaun (Ed Roman) went out of biz?

85fu1if.jpg

Not a chance, Ed's probably bigger than he's ever been now, The VH1 Supergroup thing with Ted Nugent goin in to guitar shop for a new axe I doubt has hurt biz either

hbucker

Reaction score
I personally believe there is a kernel of truth to much of what he says. Some more than others and yet flat out lies in other situations. Even if he were 100% correct I disagree with his method of marketing which is: tear everyone else down to make yourself seem that much better. Just sad for the most part.

I don't see him as a valid source of information unless you really know how to sift through the debris for the previously mentioned kernels...

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I personally believe there is a kernel of truth to much of what he says. Some more than others and yet flat out lies in other situations. Even if he were 100% correct I disagree with his method of marketing which is: tear everyone else down to make yourself seem that much better. Just sad for the most part.

I don't see him as a valid source of information unless you really know how to sift through the debris for the previously mentioned kernels...

Hbucker, I am so cynical and jaded, I do that with nearly anything anyone says to me ! :rofl::rofl: Ed by far is no execption to the rule, I dont agree with all he says but many times he brings up valid points . you can say something isnt good, and point to reasons, or you can say something isnt good and leave it there, the former is more believable than the latter

retrosurfer1959

Reaction score
ed roman makes sense sometimes sure but even a broken wristwatch is correct twice a day

Latest Threads