Guitar dealers!

delawaregold

_______Artie_______
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

A nice piece of Kalamazoo history right there.
It still has it's Shaws, which is rare. Usually
someone has hijacked them by now.
Made in USA cavity stamp.
Great flamed Eastern Maple. I love it. :thumb:
I think it's a bargain.

duck2k

Reaction score
I can tell from your photo your guitar did NOT come with the same tuners.

Okay I am confused - please advise on same tuners. I was noting the style (double ring). The double ring (or I guess "button"), style were on my R0 when I purchased it.:shock:

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
Okay I am confused - please advise on same tuners. I was noting the style (double ring). The double ring (or I guess "button"), style were on my R0 when I purchased it.:shock:

Yes, yours and the OP guitar both have double ring tuners, but they are not the same manufacturer, not the exact same tuners. Yours are Gotohs made for Gibson and read "Gibson Deluxe" on them. The OP tuners are most likely Schallers and have only "Gibson" stamped on them in such a way that few people have ever seen before. (including me).

Kluson went out of business in 1974. Since then Gibson has relied on other manufacturers to make what is known as "Chicago style" tuners. Now WD Music owns the Kluson name.

Mike60

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
... The OP tuners are most likely Schallers and have only "Gibson" stamped on them in such a way that few people have ever seen before...

add another baster'd set of knock-offs to the list...

as if finding repro klusons which are close to vintage correct is easy...

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
I have not seen ANY tuners close to vintage correct, especially the Kluson brand by WD Music! All the aged ones you see on various sites are just WDs acid dipped and micro waved. I prefer Grover Rotomatics anyway, but the best quality "Chicago Style" tuners are the Gotohs as far as I am concerned.

Aha! I THOUGHT I may have seen those tuners before! On page 101 of Robb Lawrence's THe Les Paul Legacy 1968-2009, they are on a 1982 Leo's Reissue.

guitarnut_germany

Reaction score
Phil X claims the optimum weight of a Les Paul is 9.5 to 10.5 lbs, is that about right?

That '59 weighs 9.5lbs:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6zJJ3Cyo8s&feature=related"]1959 Gibson Les Paul 2 00976 - YouTube[/ame]

the note separation and sustain on this guitar are amazing + that HOLLOW sound that I have not heard on any modern style guitar (PRS for instance)

Backstage

Reaction score
LOL, he is talking about playing some clean tones and starts with Cooper :laugh2: .
Anyway this is a singing guitar indeed.

SKATTERBRANE

Banned
Reaction score
I prefer Les Pauls in the 8.8 to 9.4 lb range, having had many all the way from 8lbs to 13lbs. The ones that are too light just do not do it for me. And anything over 10.5 lbs is just silly.

cherrick

Reaction score
It looks like he took your word for it and changed the descrip to '83.

Latest Threads