guitar collection for sale

dbwalker

Reaction score
so this guy has a huge collection of Gibson Les Paul's & Fender Strats for sale, some very nice Guitars, as I'm looking them over I notice he has his dates wrong on the late 70s & 80s Les Paul's, so I send him a polite message explaining the dating for these guitars, the message I get back is this

"hey, I've had my guitars for 30 years. I know exactly what they are and I don;t need another knowitall to tell me about it. piss off"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Guitar-Collection/571174062956390

disappoints me to see somebody have a collection like that for sale & not know how to date them correctly & give that kind of response when somebody just tries to be helpful, I sent him this back

no need for harsh language, no offense was meant, i own many Les Paul's my self & was just trying to be helpful, good luck selling the collection, Gibson Support - Serial Number Search

Shadowplayer

Reaction score
pretty cool set of guits there...but fb seems like a slightly less sketch place to sell outside cl.

roeg

Reaction score
wow.hard to fathom the logic behind acquiring such a large collection of mostly mediocre guitars(jmho).For that kind of coin(60,000/80,000 bills),i'd be looking for the real deal first(50's lesters and strats).Or say 6 really nice custom shop Historics or CC's.And then i'd play them!

Colnago1

Reaction score
wow.hard to fathom the logic behind acquiring such a large collection of mostly mediocre guitars(jmho).For that kind of coin(60,000/80,000 bills),i'd be looking for the real deal first(50's lesters and strats).Or say 6 really nice custom shop Historics or CC's.And then i'd play them!

That's what I was thinking. Maybe this dude went for quantity over quality? Not that he doesn't have quality pieces there, but they're pretty run of the mill, normal guitars.

dbwalker

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Maybe this dude went for quantity over quality? Not that he doesn't have quality pieces there, but they're pretty run of the mill, normal guitars.

completely agree, there is one guitar that caught my eye specifically though, he has an 82 solid silver custom that looks to be in fantastic shape "he thinks it's an all gold 80 custom" I have an 83 that looks identical to his which was my main player for many years, the solid silver customs are hard to find & I have only come across 2 of them in the last 10 years in that condition & both were way over priced for me

hecube

Reaction score
Anytime you try to correct someone online, expect them to be a dick. Add the fact he's a guitarist and the douche factor goes out the window. A dick douche if you will. :cool:

You mean a douche dick (just a friendly correction)?

BuzzHaze

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I really like the 70 Standard in tobacco....also a few nice Strats. I couldn't see any prices. Are we supposed to email him for those?

Ozzy Mandeus

Reaction score
I really like the 70 Standard in tobacco....also a few nice Strats. I couldn't see any prices. Are we supposed to email him for those?

No, he wants to sell you all of them for $80k or none at all. It's an interesting sales tactic.:shock:

dbwalker

Reaction score
No, he wants to sell you all of them for $80k or none at all. It's an interesting sales tactic.:shock:

I noticed in the comments of some of the guitar pics he gives individual prices if asked, but they are all way over what I would be willing to pay, 60k for 30 guitars 80k for 40, he'll have to piece it out if he wants to sell

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I like them all ('cept those odd ones with only four strings on 'em) but, I don't $60k like them. I like the norlin standards and the deluxe. I'd make that tele scream, too (that is scream for someone with some chops)...

dbwalker

Reaction score

I wouldn't put to much trust in that it's actually a 70, he got the years wrong on all of the 77 through 80s Les Paul's that he has

12watt

Reaction score
No volume discount? I am disappointed.

six-string

Reaction score
overpriced.
and if he was looking to sell as one lot- unlikely he would get any offer near his asking price. but hey good luck to him!
anyone who looks at the Members for SALE threads around here or on other forums like TGP etc, can tell you the used guitar market is awash with excellent nearly-new instruments at very reasonable prices well below new retail rates.

Latest Threads