Guitar Center Shipping Disaster

darkvoice

Reaction score
This Gibson arrived yesterday from a Guitar Center store. Someone just slapped shipping label on the case. Case is not even locked.

Needless to say I was speechless when UPS guy gave me this. It was shipped by the largest guitar store in the world, not some amateur who sold only one guitar in his life and does not know how to properly pack a guitar. Each Guitar Center store ships hundreds if not thousands of guitars - you'd hope an employee knows how to safely pack a guitar.

Luckily the guitar survived, but the case suffered some unnecessary damage.

Apology for the rant. I am lost. I heard about something similar happening to other folks, but this is the first for me. I honestly don't know what to say...

Gibson_Shipped_2022-05.jpg

1allspub

Reaction score
Dang!!!!!!! Like, kinda speechless here. Wow... just wow (in a bad way!):slap:

Who

Well respected man about town
Reaction score
That said... that is a crazy story. It's not like they don't have boxes.

As a tribute to the insanity, I'd be tempted to leave the tape and cardboard on there.

But I'd DEFINITELY expect them to ship a new case out. Or a big discount.

darkvoice

Reaction score
I bet every shipping handler that saw this case thought...... “they’re watching me..... this is some kind of set up”
Interesting part is that the label was initially attached to a cardboard box, which was then cut out from a box and taped to the case. Why would anyone put a label on a box and not use that box? Instead they just shipped guitar in case with no protection. It makes no sense!

Last edited:

Latest Threads