Guitar Center Screws the Pooch Again

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
GC will not honor this ad mailed to tens (hundreds?) of thousands of musicians across the US. I tried multiple times, and they know they f'd up, but they will not sell you these monitors for $99.99 the pair. Call it a typo or bait and switch, but whatever, they will never see another dime from me, including Musician's Fiend.

Last edited:

redjunior

Gak!.... Bozos!
Reaction score
Looks perfectly normal.... 1/3 off.. Done all the time with closeouts... Bastids...

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
Damn I need some new monitors. One of mine started farting last night.

cjpeck

Reaction score
so the ad has a typo and you expect them to honor the print error? Meh. I might be bummed if I was trying to buy the item, but I wouldn't think I have a right to force the retailer to take it in the behind due to a typo.
sum peepls kids.

Frogfur

Reaction score
Some of the best deals out there for the home studio that are very good are -
1. KRK Rokit5G3
2. Mackie CR4T
3. PreSonus Eris Series E5
Are all excellent and afordable. We use all three and they are real value with very good response.

mdubya

Reaction score
I have called MF before when they sent a 25% off coupon that you had to call in to redeem.

OK, I know what I want. But when you call in it goes something like this.

What I win?

I thanked them for wasting my time. Meh. They are desperate to make a deal, but can't make a deal. Lesson learned.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I have called MF before when they sent a 25% off coupon that you had to call in to redeem.

OK, I know what I want. But when you call in it goes something like this.

What I win?

I thanked them for wasting my time. Meh. They are desperate to make a deal, but can't make a deal. Lesson learned.
The Jerk was on tv this evening when I was picking up my girls at my ex's. I don't think my girls thought that it was as funny as I do... Iron Balls Mcginty...:laugh2:

Malikon

Here come old flat top He come groovin' up slowly
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is the same company that sends out coupons, then you read the fine print on the back of the coupon and it exempts pretty much everything in the store from being bought with that coupon.

GC sucks. It has for a long, loooooong time.

DADGAD

Reaction score
Retailers make mistakes and have the right to print a retraction. If someone moved the decimal and it said $.99 we wouldn’t expect that would we? Most retailers have the exclusion buried somewhere in the terms on their website. Like mentioned earlier. dont lose sleep. Sh*t happens.

Remember when Sears would print a correction notice in the paper the following week?

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I understand it's a typo, but if you print a huge "doorbuster" item in your flyer, it's likely to cause a shit ton of people to go out of their way to drive into your store, only to be told it was a mistake, our bad, so sorry, would you like to buy the pair for $199.98? That is exactly how it went, by the way.

It really makes you wonder whether or not it was intentional...

socialhero

Reaction score
It really makes you wonder whether or not it was intentional...
I’d stake a fair amount of $ on that not being the case. I built my career in marketing. Someone is getting reamed out hard for that screwup.

Direct mail collateral typically goes through multiple rounds of proofing, is relatively expensive compared to other channels, and is much more difficult to retract/correct.

Rando375

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the same company that sends out coupons, then you read the fine print on the back of the coupon and it exempts pretty much everything in the store from being bought with that coupon.

GC sucks. It has for a long, loooooong time.
Mal, they HAVE print it that way to comply with MAP's set by manufacturers. Unless an item is used, on sale, or reduced in price already, they normally honor the coupons

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
They also have the ability to honor the ad and go back after the printer for damages. I insure a large printing company that prints mailers for Walgreens. Our guys messed up a price and Walgreens honored the mistake price until the printer could get a redacted mailer out. Their errors and omissions insurance paid Walgreens damages. Was a huge claim. They did what they had to do to keep Walgreens as a customer.

This is of course if it's a printing error, not bad info/marketing error directly from GC

Latest Threads