Guitar Center/Music Store

Nightrain

Reaction score
The shop I go to to try things has 3 little rooms with sound insulating stuff in them for testing out amps and guitars.

Anyway, last time I went and tried stuff there, I started trading blues licks with the guy in the room next to the one I was in. Quite fun. :D

AXE

Six String Soldier
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They have clean restrooms.

As for the rest of the store???

I don't care.

DRF

Reaction score
Music is a competition,get over it. Kill or be killed. You need to play fast and intricate to even be in the bloodsport arena. VanDamme or die. BB King types are the ones who get the slow motion elbow smash first.

Deftone

Reaction score
Music is a competition,get over it. Kill or be killed. You need to play fast and intricate to even be in the bloodsport arena. VanDamme or die. BB King types are the ones who get the slow motion elbow smash first.

This statement is too awesome to only post once.

Sushy

Reaction score
You need to play fast and intricate to even be in the bloodsport arena.

I don't really think "fast" playing is always equal to "skilled" or "good music." I like the sound of warm soft and smooth notes. :rolleyes:

Sushy

Reaction score
It's good to know that a lot of people in here have their own stories to share about guitar center! :D hehe
I'm a bit jealous for those who have more than one music store...El Paso is quite big but really poor in commercial industry, it's mostly just a huge military base.
We used to have another music store where I bought my first guitar, a 2003 squire black stratocaster, and the dream started...sadly, that store closed and now there's just Guitar Center around. :( Hopefully I'll move out once I graduate, or my band starts making enough profit to get famous and go on the road...:lol: yeah right!

Captain Zap

Reaction score
-=[Shifty]=-;1850332 said:
I've never set a foot in a GC in my whole life. :thumb:

I think I bought some picks there… Only because my son gave me a gift card….Ha I took my 79 custom signature strat in there to show the Guy that was raving about how nice the strats are in there…. Hell you can’t even put a real strat neck on one of those cheaply made for profit guitars. Nothing beats hand wound John Suhr V-60 low output tone to the bone pups….Zap

:cool:

Hemply

Reaction score
Depends what I go into GC for?

If I'm just browsing around or go in to hang out with my buddies (who run the place) then other people shredding really don't bother me that much. When it gets to be to much I sneak into the "tech room" and talk to the tech, the room is sound proof.

If I'm there to buy or thinking of buying a guitar/amp then yeah others have to STFU!
I've walked over to "shredders" and turned their amps off, and I've taken guitars right out of their hands!:laugh2: The fact that two of my closest friends run the guitar section they've also turned off others amps and taken guitars away from them when I want to check something out, and who's going to complain when the store manager is turning up MY amp?

9 times out of 10 these "testers" aren't buying anyway so if they don't like it, tough! :rofl:

JonMan94

Reaction score
last time i went, i kind of did that... alot people gave me praise for my playing and asked if i was in a band... i need to be and i need to learn how to be a lead, as for now, im more of a rhythm...

Sushy

Reaction score
who's going to complain when the store manager is turning up MY amp?

That's a little bit unfair, and I think the manager can get in trouble for that too. :rolleyes:
It's like saying, you wouldn't turn off the amp of someone who is testing it, just because is Slash who is using it. Or imagine if you do? the store gets sued up the butt.

Ermghoti

Reaction score
Gah. Just yesterday, experienced a near high-water mark of GC asshattery.

I had run in specifically to pick up a little Gretsch Junior Jet bass, and escape as soon as possible. While trying to track down my salesman, I couldn't help but notice some late-teen Rob Zombie lookalike, leather jacket and all. He had posted himself by the pedal display, and was plunking along at what would normally be a moderately annoying level, given the venue.

However, the clown was evidently in the market for a wah, but may not have ever seen a guitar in person before. For the entirety of my 20 minute stay, he was playing something close to "Taps" on 7th fret harmonics, wahwahwahwahwahwahing all the way home. He could only figure out the first half or so of the three-note trumpet call, figuring out the order of the second half was simply beyond the capacity of his ear. So he warbled away with a sense of rhythm that endagered pacemaker wearers in the vicinity, going "wah, wahwahwawawawawa... wah, wahwawawawawawa..." in a loop that paused only long enough to click onto a different pedal.

As I attempted to finish my business, I noted that he had paused. I glanced over my shoulder, hoping secretly that he had finally sucked so hard that he had collapsed a lung. I found him staring studiously at the rig, wearing an expression that suggested he might be calculating pi, or trying to remember if he put his mom's stash back after raiding it the prior evening. Finally, having reached a conclusion, he deftly reached forward, turning up the amp a couple of notches. Having tacked on the additional 8dB to the existing cacophony, he cheerily went back to his seasick trumpeting.

Fortunately, I had found my salesman by now, and fled the store with my purchase before I was forced to pee on him.

Strikerfox

Reaction score
I don't really think "fast" playing is always equal to "skilled" or "good music." I like the sound of warm soft and smooth notes. :rolleyes:

My gf always say whenever i play slow medolic stuff, it makes her sleepy cuz its very tranquil and nice.

Caleb

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gah. Just yesterday, experienced a near high-water mark of GC asshattery.

I had run in specifically to pick up a little Gretsch Junior Jet bass, and escape as soon as possible. While trying to track down my salesman, I couldn't help but notice some late-teen Rob Zombie lookalike, leather jacket and all. He had posted himself by the pedal display, and was plunking along at what would normally be a moderately annoying level, given the venue.

However, the clown was evidently in the market for a wah, but may not have ever seen a guitar in person before. For the entirety of my 20 minute stay, he was playing something close to "Taps" on 7th fret harmonics, wahwahwahwahwahwahing all the way home. He could only figure out the first half or so of the three-note trumpet call, figuring out the order of the second half was simply beyond the capacity of his ear. So he warbled away with a sense of rhythm that endagered pacemaker wearers in the vicinity, going "wah, wahwahwawawawawa... wah, wahwawawawawawa..." in a loop that paused only long enough to click onto a different pedal.

As I attempted to finish my business, I noted that he had paused. I glanced over my shoulder, hoping secretly that he had finally sucked so hard that he had collapsed a lung. I found him staring studiously at the rig, wearing an expression that suggested he might be calculating pi, or trying to remember if he put his mom's stash back after raiding it the prior evening. Finally, having reached a conclusion, he deftly reached forward, turning up the amp a couple of notches. Having tacked on the additional 8dB to the existing cacophony, he cheerily went back to his seasick trumpeting.

Fortunately, I had found my salesman by now, and fled the store with my purchase before I was forced to pee on him.

Epic funny post.:laugh2::laugh2:

Latest Threads