Guitar Center Les Paul Special

truetone6

Reaction score
This isn't showing up in the GC online catalog. Do most of the stores have 'em in stock?
I don't know,I first read about this guitar a couple of months ago but the GC near me didn't get any till last week. When I asked how many they got they said just one. That is the one I bought.

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Most only have one stock at best. I put mine on lay-a-way, and then they brought in another.

BluesZep

Reaction score
Hey, I recorded a video using my GC Special:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sfZj6XYgBE]YouTube - Gibson Les Paul Special & Vox Night Train[/ame]

BluesZep

Reaction score
Nice playing and tone! That was all neck pu, right? I've been debating whether to get a P90-loaded guitar, and this tone moves me towards the "do it!" side... (thinking of an SG classic with P90's)
Thanks!
And yes, the whole video I'm using neck pickup. I never played the SG Classic, but I'm pretty sure it will sound as good as the great LP Special :)

hellopain

Reaction score
wow these are nice! i have the "japan exclusive" model model (not the "junior special") in worn tv yellow, unbound ebony fretboard. kluson style tuners. do they have these in yellow?

MNDZA

Reaction score
Which model is that? Do you have a link? The only special I see comes in yellow.

spider murphy

Reaction score
Nice playing and tone! That was all neck pu, right? I've been debating whether to get a P90-loaded guitar, and this tone moves me towards the "do it!" side... (thinking of an SG classic with P90's)
The sg classic is a great guitar; wish I hadn't traded mine off. I'm currently looking for one myself.

MLP

Banned
Reaction score
Thats a super nice guitar!

If you don’t mind me asking, how much was it?

I would really like one and am saving, so its good to have a goal!

joneric

Reaction score
I just picked one up today. I completely agree with the posters concerning this Les Paul Special -- It's an excellent guitar at a GREAT price. In my opinion it's one of those "sleepers" that might not catch the eye of a typically savvy player that doesn't bother with certain Guitar Center models.

Anyhow! I love P-90s and this thing rocks! Great tone, it cleans up decently and has an AWESOME crunch tone that is just so clear! I love it!

One GC had their LPS P-90 Special at $999 that had a gash on the back. I was willing to take it for $900 with a gig bag because I connected with the guitar so well. Luckily, I strolled in to another GC store and to my surprise, they had their LPS P-90 special for $899. Sweet! And no gash on the back! I'm always skeptical when people say 'it's the same model guitar, it'll play the same!' -- I tend to call BS. No matter how good of quality control a company can have, some guitars speak to you and others just don't. You know what I mean? Fortunately for me, the LPS at this second Guitar Center store was speakin' to me as well!

I paid 925 out the door for a guitar that was set up and had new strings on it (talk about lucky!) and that also included a Gibson USA hardshell case. I was pleasantly surprised considering I would have taken that nicked up LPS from the first GC store for $900 and a gig bag.

So just a heads up to any of you rolling to Guitar Center to check it out -- I found this guitar listed at $899 instead of $999. I also had their "$150 off any purchase $799 and above" coupon in hand even though I KNEW that Gibson (and a whole lot of other companies for that matter) opted OUT of the promotion (as can be seen here: Coupon and Offer Exclusions | GuitarCenter.com).

The associate that was helping me (with the floor manager's approval I'm sure) hooked me up with $150 off anyway, despite Gibson being a brand that "opted out." I asked him if he could work with me a little bit on including a hardshell case and he made it happen.

So for those ready to do some dealing, my advice is just to be cool, relaxed (in general not a pain in the butt unless ya really need to be!), do your research (these forums are great for that!) and perhaps like in my case, they'll hook you up with little effort on your end. My sales associate (his name is LeBron) at the Raleigh, NC store was totally cool and he took care of me. I'm not trying to tell people how to bargain, just giving some insight on how I did it. Best of luck to all of you looking to pickup this great guitar at an even greater price!

-Joneric

Mstele97

Reaction score
Had one sold it and upgraded to the GT P-90 LP. I may just get another if they have a HSC with them now.

Really nice BTW

Dilver

Reaction score
Nice axe - that's the one to get: neck binding, gloss finish, tuners. I've been eyeing one at my local GC. The bozo manager keeps raising and lowering the price with every "Blowout Sale". One week it's $799, next week it's $899 with a % discount, following week it comes with a case but it's a hundred buck more. Frickin' Guitar Center.

ElectricBoogaloo

Reaction score
Love your guitar Truetone. I hope to get a Special in TV yellow in the future. I do like the cherry but I already have a cherry LP Studio.

bluesguitar65

Reaction score
I love the P90s. Here is my les paul jr.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqFqQTqvoCg]Gibson Les Paul Junior - YouTube[/ame]

Latest Threads