Guitar Center Les Paul Special

Pinkie

Reaction score
I have my eye on one in natural.Nice score!

SexyGibson

Reaction score
Im not big on P-90s but thats a beautiful guitar. Congrats !

ToneasaurusRex

Reaction score
Nice guitar to be sure, but I'm puzzled because, like me, you recently bought at least one (maybe two?) Studio Tributes.

It's your perogative, of course, but right now the last guitar I would buy is another cheap Gibson Les Paul with dual P90s. Why'd you buy this?

Peace

Rex

P. S. Before anybody gets all a-flutter because I said Tributes and Specials were "cheap," I mean in the relative-to-other-Gibsons sense.

ToneasaurusRex

Reaction score
I wouldn't call $1000.00 cheap
. . .
P. S. Before anybody gets all a-flutter because I said Tributes and Specials were "cheap," I mean in the relative-to-other-Gibsons sense.
I agree with you in an absolute sense. Overall, a grand is a nice budget for a guitar. But take all the Gibson USA guitars and line them up from cheapest to most expensive, and you'll find the Special really close to one end. Guess which end that is.

Peace

Rex

GibbyBill

Reaction score
The only thing cheap about studios is the lack of the high gloss finish which takes more time to do at the factory. To me thats the ONLY thing that makes the price difference as all the hardware and electronics are 99% the same (maybe the maple cap, but lets face it thats not that much more.).

Ill take a great player for a grand over the same playing guitar with a shiny finish at 3 grand any day my friends.

To the OP, great guitar my man, I hope she serves you well.

Blue Moose

Reaction score
Very cool. What's the neck profile? I may be interested in one of these bad boys myself.

your idol

Reaction score
Love the thin neck on em and everyone ive played has been killer. If they would have made em a DC i would have been all over that. They tempt me enough as is. The stock P90s are a lil cool for my taste but theyre pretty quiet so if youre more mellow thats a win/win and if ya like em hit the price leaves leway for new pups easy. Congrats and HNGD

kysrsoze

Reaction score
Damn nice. I have the "budget" version and it's awesome. Enjoy it.

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
These are amazing players, Especially if you in to the 60s tapered neck carve.
The belly cut on the back really is a nice touch.

I have Strats up the Wazoo and a Tribute, but still I got the same one. With the President's Day Sale $200 off coupon, I could not pass it up.

truetone6

Reaction score
Nice guitar to be sure, but I'm puzzled because, like me, you recently bought at least one (maybe two?) Studio Tributes.

It's your perogative, of course, but right now the last guitar I would buy is another cheap Gibson Les Paul with dual P90s. Why'd you buy this?

Peace

Rex

Thanks! I sold the Tribute last year and I don't have another guitar with 2 P-90s so that is why I bought this one. It's a nice guitar,body is one solid piece of mahogany. It is one of my favorite guitars ever.

ToneasaurusRex

Reaction score
Thanks! I sold the Tribute last year and I don't have another guitar with 2 P-90s so that is why I bought this one. It's a nice guitar,body is one solid piece of mahogany. It is one of my favorite guitars ever.

. . .
Ah, okay, didn't realize you sold the Tribute. I bet the new one does sound great, I loved the tone of the Vintage Mahogany Studio.

Peace

Rex

Latest Threads