Guess which one is authentic

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had a Custom that needed a TRC, I'd use the bottom one. If I had a Chibson that needed one, neither one will increase it's value.

jmagda

Reaction score
If I had a Custom that needed a TRC, I'd use the bottom one. If I had a Chibson that needed one, neither one will increase it's value.
For me, my guitars are an investment in my pleasure, not their monetary value.

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
We get a lot of chibson pics here, so even though the custom doesn't get the respect it deserves around here, that should still be a fairly easy question for most members here.

No, I posted a few years back with a question about my then first Les Paul. Got a lot of snarky responses and swore I would never post again. Glad to see I was wrong.
Don't take it the wrong way. I had a look through your post history and couldn't see anything. Be happy to answer your question, although I guess it has been answered long ago by this point.

Saiko

Reaction score
I was trying to show how obviously crappy the Chibson cover is, that it's not even close.
Okay, making a joke about how bad it is, I get it. Yeah, it really is that bad.

rogue3

Reaction score
The white border is a dead giveaway?

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
How dare you test my Les Paul knowledge! Sacriledge.Haha! JK i saw a Custom on FB marketplace last week that had a similar "fake" trc with the "a" and "P" joined, sloppy work where the bell met the nut.
Theywere trying to get $3600 for it.
Inquired about a honeyburst faded and guy said he knew NOTHING about dating and what type of LP it was, when i told him it was a copy then POOF!!! he became a Gibson expert and even had Ontarios most prolific guitar tech go over it. Serial number was wrong.
It wasn't Johnny from Sarnia, was it?

Shelkonnery

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nothing personal, it's just how Fridays usually work around here.
But I'm not a fan of this type of post though as it can spread misinformation.

The truss rod cover in Jerry Cantrell's Les Paul Custom has a significantly thinner white border and bevel than usual. Doesn't mean it's fake just because it's ugly and resembles the Chibson ones. So please be mindful of these types of games or post it in the Backstage section.

(Jerry Cantrell Les Paul Custom)
LPCJCASWRGH1.jpg

(Regular Les Paul Custom for reference)
LPC-EBGH1E_1.jpg

Latest Threads