Group Buy: Honduran Mahogany and Spanish Cedar

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I would love to get in on some, but I'm too far away too. I would only do it if I could select the material in person:sadwave:

bfcg

Reaction score
Bill, I'm truly sorry that I can't be more accommodating to you. Distance kills, I know. I will try and think of a solution, if one exists.

.[/I]

Oh, no need for that.
I think that what you are trying to do is great.
Wood shopping is not my favorite pass time and I like to do it in bulk when I have to.
I only make the trip 2 or 3 times a year and I load my truck almost to the point of breaking the chassis. That is one of the reasons that I am reluctant
to sell blanks, though I do now and then.
I feel fortunate that I can get good stuff within driving range. It may seem like a long haul to some but I have done the math and it is definetaly worth it.
The big plus is that I get to choose the wood. For a few blanks no, but for a truck load absolutely. I had a supplier that was closer to me but after my connection there left his replacement almost burned me after driving many miles to pick up and finding nothing near the specs that I ordered. I drove home empty that time. He ended up eating the order himself.

T_Dub

Reaction score
EDIT: I am going to check into the paperwork involved in getting this across the border. Obviously, no promises here, other than actually doing the legwork.

If the guy you're buying off has a CITES export permit for this wood then it'd be super easy.

bfcg

Reaction score
If the guy you're buying off has a CITES export permit for this wood then it'd be super easy.

I never needed an import license for the containers full of rubber that I bought from Thailand or Malaysia. The logistics company that I used had all of the appropriate permits. For C.I.T.E.S, you would need a logistics company that is familiar with wood imports.
I have been in contact with several mills in CA and the pricing is about $6.50
per board foot for wide stuff. You have to order in 1000 bf minimum.
You then have to pay for freight and logistics fees. From CA logistics would probably be under $1000.00. Do the logistics yourself if you buy a C.I.T.E.S one time permit.
$7500.00 plus freight is what you would be looking at.

Latest Threads