Green Moore out of phase pup ???????

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I must be a sissy, then.
well a few Sissies in Japan decided to wire some guitars this way, Orvilles, and one came into my possession via Ebay, the seller wasnt aware, whom ever he got the guitar from, didnt tell him, I found out it was Page Wired at the factory 3 and half months after I bought and received it . Not sure i can be called a Sissy by default :rofl::rofl:

WCR

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well a few Sissies in Japan decided to wire some guitars this way, Orvilles, and one came into my possession via Ebay, the seller wasnt aware, whom ever he got the guitar from, didnt tell him, I found out it was Page Wired at the factory 3 and half months after I bought and received it . Not sure i can be called a Sissy by default :rofl::rofl:

No, that's a Sissy by Proxy.......:rofl:

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No, that's a Sissy by Proxy.......:rofl:
LOL Now Post Sissy by proxy, since I sold the axe anyhow, and the guy who bought it scrapped the wiring too , Oh well , Hey Joe Walsh and Page must be as well as yourself and Greg,

carydad

Reaction score
I really like the out of phase sound. I seldom have the neck volume all the way up so it's really only fully IN when I roll that to match whatever the other pup is doing, so not switched, but close enough.

JLH

Reaction score
So, If I may, when the pup is in the neck postion the tone is typical of the neck pup as built????
Only when switched to the middle postion Neck / bridge does this out of phase tone begin ( i guess so &^%$$$^$)????
Rolling off volume and tone pots in the middle is the key ??????

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So, If I may, when the pup is in the neck postion the tone is typical of the neck pup as built????
Only when switched to the middle postion Neck / bridge does this out of phase tone begin ( i guess so &^%$$$^$)????
JLH, Yep you got the basic concept , though the original Green Moore had one coil wound with different wire, and the magnet had been flipped changing its polarity

Anchorman

Reaction score
Yep

WCR

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a kinda fine art fooling with it, because the multitude of changes happen between the numbers 8 and 10 of either one of the volumes when in the middle position. LOTS of tonal differences there, and both volumes will have differences , depending on which one you use. It will still sound totally out of phase if both volumes are at the same level (any level). Change either one about 2 numbers, and it will fatten right back up again.

dwagar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
my R9 is set up with Voodoo 59s with the neck out of phase (mag flip). I really like this tone, seems very vintage to me.

Latest Threads