Green Moore out of phase pup ???????

JLH

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have a set of the Green Moore replica "type" out of phase pups installed and how do like them?
Neck pup likes and dislikes ?
Middle position settings and how do you like this?
Overall performance and compared to typical pup performance what is your preference, I am considering a set
:slash:

Big Mike

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They are great. No dislikes. Middle position yields an infinite array of tones.

WCR

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have about 1/2 my guitars wired up like that no matter what pickups I have in there. Some I wire that way with a push-pull switch so I can have that effect...or not....:slash:

ThroBak

Reaction score
I have 3 guitars set up this way. 50's wiring and the middle position out of phase is the way a Les Paul should be in my book. I think it turns a Les Paul into a way more flexible guitar.

Big Mike

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have about 1/2 my guitars wired up like that no matter what pickups I have in there. Some I wire that way with a push-pull switch so I can have that effect...or not....:slash:

Switches are for sissies. Leave it out of phase. LOL

WCR

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Switches are for sissies. Leave it out of phase. LOL

Switche are just in the demo axes little Bro. My R8 is permanently out, my Vintage Mahogany (cheapest axe I have, and best sounding!! lol), is permanently in. They're the 2 I play the most. My SG is in too, but that one I pretty much play on the bridge dimed anyhow.......hehhehheh

JLH

Reaction score
I see several pick up Winders/ Builders are marketing these, anyone know the difference and any one tried a particular builders product ?

5F6-A

Reaction score
I have BKP PGs and they are great. Lowgain PAF type. Sweet, hollow, sad type.
I'm waiting a set of WBs... these are a bit bolder and gutsier. I'll comment when I fianlly get them

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I see several pick up Winders/ Builders are marketing these, anyone know the difference and any one tried a particular builders product ?
Im gonna make my rounds with the PG pups startin' with the WBs.....as much as I love P.Greens playing,Im diggin' the fact that I can use these to nail some J.Page tones:naughty::hippie:

greenalbatross

Reaction score
I have 2 sets of the WCR Moore/Green set and have a set of WB Peter Greens on the way. It's a very cool sound regardless if you're a Peter Green fan. With the added versatility it's a must with any dual humbucker equipped guitar.

Fixxxer

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Joe Perry, who is a fan of peter green, uses this set up on several lesters he plays. Its even standard configuration on his current sig guitar. His first guitar, had a push pull pot to sound like a cocked way / out of phase as well.

I believe even LES paul himself started to go out of phase towards the end of his career.

Regardless of marketing hype over what artist is using whose pickups, the out of phase sound (which is pete green's signature) has been used and continues to be used by several ROCK, blues and jazz artists.

Since will has the technical specs of the pups down to the wire guages and winding technique I'll give an edge to WB authentic recreation of this bad boy. HOWEVER at the end of the day, you need to know how to utilixe your instrument and have the technique to sound good. No pick up to date can do that. I also think any pick up wired out of phase will get you in the ball park. Its just some may hit a home run.... =)

Anchorman

Reaction score
is there a wiring diagram showing how permanent out of phase in the middle position?

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
is there a wiring diagram showing how permanent out of phase in the middle position?
Anchorman, you can do this if you have four conductor wire on at least one pickup,

Guitarelectronics.com Inc. WDU-HH3T22-04
This is the whole Page Wiring diagram for the Peter Green mod, sound pull one tone pot both volumes in and then make sure volume levels are the same values or very close, once one volume is changed more than a notch or notch and half out the out of phase is cancelled

Anchorman

Reaction score
Anchorman, you can do this if you have four conductor wire on at least one pickup,

Guitarelectronics.com Inc. WDU-HH3T22-04
This is the whole Page Wiring diagram for the Peter Green mod, sound pull one tone pot both volumes in and then make sure volume levels are the same values or very close, once one volume is changed more than a notch or notch and half out the out of phase is cancelled
Holy Smokes!
:shock:

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Holy Smokes!
:shock:
This is not the ONLY way to get that tone, as the pickup winders we have here can tell you, flipping the magent in your front pickup maybe the easiest solution , you can short cut the above diagram by only having one pickup with four conductor wiring, with one push pull pot and lifting it, again with both volume pots at the same level
Hey guys, like WB, Jim Wagner ect, If I am wrong on any of this, please correct me

WCR

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is not the ONLY way to get that tone, as the pickup winders we have here can tell you, flipping the magent in your front pickup maybe the easiest solution , you can short cut the above diagram by only having one pickup with four conductor wiring, with one push pull pot and lifting it, again with both volume pots at the same level
Hey guys, like WB, Jim Wagner ect, If I am wrong on any of this, please correct me

Doesn't even have to be a 4X. A 2X + ground will work too. Like the real one has. Or EITHER mag.:slash:
When you have 4X conductors, there are a TON of ways to wire up.

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Doesn't even have to be a 4X. A 2X + ground will work too. Like the real one has. Or EITHER mag.:slash:
When you have 4X conductors, there are a TON of ways to wire up.
Thanks Jim, Glad somebody can keep me straight on this stuff :rofl:
My Navy Rate Training Manual Chapters on Electronics could give me migraines and were not always my strong suit at exam time either :shock::rofl:

WCR

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim, Glad somebody can keep me straight on this stuff :rofl:
My Navy Rate Training Manual Chapters on Electronics could give me migraines and were not always my strong suit at exam time either :shock::rofl:

:rofl: Yeah, guitars and cars wiring are pretty easy stuff. Girl Scouts can do it....they're just harder to insure....

To answer JLH's question: The necks and bridges will still sound the same individually, but in it middle position you can get a myriad of different tones. And all within a very small space....knob-turning wise..

Latest Threads