Greco Frampton Model

last.train.home

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me more about this guitar, when I bought it I was told it was a frampton model, but not really knowing much about frampton this has left me intrigued as to what this model is based on.

I am selling it now reluctantly, and it might help with the sale, also it would end my curiosity, I am also tempted to keep it, its the best LP i have ever owned, I have never had a VOS, but have owned a 81 Tokai, Gibson Les Paul classic, 1987 Gibson junior, and a les paul studio. None of them touch this guitar

Phoenix59

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me more about this guitar, when I bought it I was told it was a frampton model, but not really knowing much about frampton this has left me intrigued as to what this model is based on.
Either you've been hiding in a hole since the mid-70s, or you are simply too young to remember, but that guitar is based on this:

Wikipedia said:
Frampton Comes Alive! is a double live album by Peter Frampton released in 1976, and one of the best-selling live albums in the United States. Following four solo albums with little commercial success, Frampton Comes Alive! was a breakthrough for the artist.

Released on January 6, 1976, it debuted on the charts at #191. The album reached number one on the Billboard 200 the week ending April 10, 1976, and was in the top spot for a total of 10 weeks. It was the best-selling album of 1976, selling over 6 million copies in the U.S. and became one of the best-selling live albums to date. Frampton Comes Alive! was voted "Album of the year" in the 1976 Rolling Stone readers poll. It stayed on the chart for 97 weeks and was still #14 on Billboard's 1977 year-end album chart.

Upon its release the album became the best selling live album in America, achieving 6x platinum status, but has since dropped to fourth, being superseded by Garth Brooks' Double Live (20x platinum), Bruce Springsteen's Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band Live 1975 - '85 (13x platinum) and The Eagles' Eagles Live (7x platinum).

The most recognizable songs from the album are "Show Me the Way," "Baby, I Love Your Way," and "Do You Feel Like We Do," all of which were released as singles, and continue to receive much airplay on classic rock radio stations.
It needs black pickup coils, though.

barburny

Reaction score
The model number is EG600PB and the pick ups are U1000 made in mid 1978
it could wel be a transitional model or custom order as they usually came with black pick ups and an ebony board there is also a chance that it is a EG800 as only the pick ups are different in that model(U2000) but as i had no way of finding out what the pick ups were I sold it as a EG600
It is a great player with bags of tone and well worth the asking price and is in fantastic condition for here age

last.train.home

Reaction score
Is that you rob.

I have been listening to frampton today, I liked the small faces and Marriott but never got on with humble pie. But on reappraisal I think I get it. Frampton live is ok that talk box is mad. I guess my music journey started around 87. So the talk box was something I associated with ritchie and slash

last.train.home

Reaction score
Oh and open to offers on the guitar Its on eBay but would rather sell privatley. It's on my uk sellers thread on here. I wonder why the pickups are not black.

Blazer

Reaction score
Maybe because it has cream humbuckers instead of the Black ones in Frampton's guitar but I think that Greco apes Ace Frehley's guitars more.

Note also Gene Simmons' custom Spector basses in this picture.

barburny

Reaction score
Maybe because it has cream humbuckers instead of the Black ones in Frampton's guitar but I think that Greco apes Ace Frehley's guitars more.

Note also Gene Simmons' custom Spector basses in this picture.
you could be well be on the money blazer but i thought all the Greco Frehleys were red sun burst but it would make sence.
LTH nope im not Rob but it started mine and Robs frriendship

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
Haha those guitars in that pic look they are 3/4 size... :D

wild turkey

Reaction score
Ive been looking at one of these for sale locally
really want it but dont know if the 3 pickup config will suit me

marantz1300

Reaction score
I love the look of your Greco.I already have a 71 Deluxe and 04 Classic,otherwise I would jump on it.

Latest Threads