Greco chambered?!?

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Came across an interesting Greco, which is listed as a 1978.
The back of the guitar has a multitude of covers and routing.
This appears to be a type of weight reduction.
The cavities are routed professionally, just like the control cavity and the switch cavity.

Would Greco or other Japanese manufacturers do something this crude looking?

Searched here on MLP and don’t see this topic discussed.
59F89B9F-4165-4295-B767-5D6FD1B60B56.jpeg
6595035D-BDB2-4E20-B8F3-8FC2DCA2AC63.jpeg

Last edited:

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Ive seen a lot worse routing than that. id imagine the finish was poly and theres not even a chip. No one sees the back of your guitar. I wouldnt do that myself though. Id just get a lighter guitar.

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score
Sad thing was, my interest was peaked as it is a Jeff Beck Model.
They aren't very common and the ones i've seen with a weight have been diesel burners. It seems like this person dropped the weight down to a more manageable 10 pounds lol. Is it supposed to be Oxblood ?? It seems the MIJ oxbloods always have a green sheen to them now. Its an interesting finish.

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
They aren't very common and the ones i've seen with a weight have been diesel burners. It seems like this person dropped the weight down to a more manageable 10 pounds lol. Is it supposed to be Oxblood ?? It seems the MIJ oxbloods always have a green sheen to them now. Its an interesting finish.
Yeah kinda sucks, already have a Burny Jeff Beck, thought it would be cool to own a Greco version as well.
As far as color, my Burny is pitch black, as the Greco appears to be as well. Can’t afford the Gibson version without selling off other guitars.
Oh well, the search continues.

ThePanda

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually thinking about it more seriously, whoever did that was probably practicing routing those control panels. Maybe valued the guitar as a cheap off brand copy.

Could have sold the copy for quite a bit of money though...

Latest Threads