Greatest barn find EVER!

circusboy28

Reaction score
No matter what the truth of that collection is, it seems shocking to me that someone wealthy enough to accumulate that kind of collection would let it sit like that with out maintaining it.

Letting all those cars sit around gathering dust - never being started or apparently even being looked at....that's just plain wasteful.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
my allergies would KILL me if i set foot in that barn.

Sin Nombre

Reaction score
I opened this thread because I thought it might be about someone finding an unplayed 59 Burst. Of course that would have probably been a hoax also. :rolleyes:

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
I was hoping they found Jimmy Hoffa.:D

Custom53

Reaction score
Saw this story a few years ago. Sounds plausable but would like to know more details...

>Photi G<

Reaction score
Hoax aside, those are some nice cars. My dad would probably die for one of thos Alfa Romeos.

zontar

Reaction score
How would you get them out of the garage without scuffing them up?

:)

It does reek of hoax...

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Damn, too bad someone left the barn door open
all those years what a mess

Mstele97

Reaction score
I heard another good one from a scrap dealer in the Chicago area. I like old cars and farm equipment (big shocker being in Iowa) I met one of the guys that was at this auction in St Charles IL. Story goes in the mid to late 1990's there were over 1200 box tank and reefer cars on a siding in a Chicago area rail yard. All of them were very old dating before WW2. Anyway the rail company CNW decided to clean them out and auction them off for scrap. There were a dozen or so scrap dealers there and one large one bought most of them for next to nothing.
The guy who bought them started the tear-down of each one and when he got to the middle he found a nice surprise. There were some locked up and unmolested. He busted the locks and came across about a dozen brand new early 50's Chevy cars. Dealer stickers factory fresh. They were lost back when they were new and put in a place they were not supposed to be. the box cars were forgotten. They cars all had flat tires and were dusty some had surface issues with the paint but essentially brand new. That would be one hell of a find! I can't verify it but have had the story repeated to me over the years. Around here you are always finding stuff. There is a show starting tomorrow on History channel about a couple of guys that live 15 min. from my house that go out looking for barn treasure.

twinrider1

Reaction score
An old lady lived in a very old house in my home town. How old? I don't know exactly, but the house had external electrical wiring, so it was built before electric was standard.
In her garage was a dusty Packard. Couldn't see the front but the thing looked super straight. The license plate was from 1953. Hadn't moved since then. She wouldn't sell it because, poor thing, she thought her husband would be coming home for it. I don't know what became of her or that car. She must've passed on or moved as the house was demo'd and now there's a business there in a new building.

Latest Threads