Great Picture Of Kalamazoo Factory Circa 1936

judson

Reaction score
very cool pic...

check those shelves with stacks of body/wood back left

makes you wonder where those guitars went and where are they today

Wally Johnson

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Artists and ture Craftsmen in that picture. Millions of dollars in vintage Gibsons in that picture! Where are they now, and are there any Advanced Jumbos hanging from the ceiling in the rear of the picture. Pretty cool!

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
There used to be another version of the pic I'm posting right now. The right side of the pic was cropped out, and this only happened in the last few years or so. The guy that was cut out of the image was holding a guitar and smiling so much that it just made me wonder who he was. You can see the guy's arm. Anyway, if anybody has this picture, but the unedited one, I'd love to see it.

Les_at_Gibson.jpg

Last edited:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
1936?
Dude, 1936 was not a even a Vintage correct year.
Vintage correct only came in the later years of the 50's!
'57, '58 , '59 (the "Peak") and '60.

It was a long way to the top.

:D

CRobbins

Premium Member
Reaction score
There used to be another version of the pic I'm posting right now. The right side of the pic was cropped out, and this only happened in the last few years or so. The guy that was cut out of the image was holding a guitar and smiling so much that it just made me wonder who he was. You can see the guy's arm. Anyway, if anybody has this picture, but the unedited one, I'd love to see it.

View attachment 299942
I think that guy is Henry J. when he was working his way up to the top. :shock::rofl:

Last edited:

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They're a good little amp. Mine has developed some noise in the reverb tank so I've been using my Nano with it, great amp for clean, jazz type tone.
Yeah it's a great little amp! I was working as Jeff Healey's guitar tech during the recording of the record http://jeffhealey.com/album/feel-this/

I had an office where I set-up guitars and did all the maintenance on his gear. I had my Gibson Scout there as my bench test amp. Jeff loved it and asked if he could use it on the record. The studio was actually a mansion in north Toronto, it had a dumb waiter that spanned 4 floors. We put the Scout at the bottom of the elevator shaft, attached a pair of mics to the bottom of the dumb waiter. This was the guitar 'reverb' tank! Want more reverb? send the dumb waiter up another floor lol!

Anyway, the Scout in it's factory stock state is a very clean and kind of wimpy, thin amp (relatively speaking to the kinds of tones Jeff was seeking). So the assistant engineer (Richard Chycki) modified it for more balls and a thicker voice ....notice the extra control where one of the input jacks was.

Gibson logo looks fake.... Prolly a Chibson...:laugh2:
Not even! It's a Cibson :)