Great, now it's teachers that are complaining...

TheX

wo0t
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they have DAMN GOOD reason to. People want to whine and bitch about the quality of education in public schools, but look at the way we treat our educators. Not only does the pay suck, they have to put up with untold crap from kids that have been raised by some seriously crappy parents.

I have three friends that are grade school teachers and they work their asses off. Some of the stories I hear make me cringe, and most of them are about parents, not students.

If we have teachers in the house, thank you for what you do! You deserve better than you're getting.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And they have DAMN GOOD reason to. People want to whine and bitch about the quality of education in public schools, but look at the way we treat our educators. Not only does the pay suck, they have to put up with untold crap from kids that have been raised by some seriously crappy parents.

I have three friends that are grade school teachers and they work their asses off. Some of the stories I hear make me cringe, and most of them are about parents, not students.

If we have teachers in the house, thank you for what you do! You deserve better than you're getting.
We spend more per student than any other country and yet our public schools suck.

Get rid of the DoE.

+1

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We spend more per student than any other country and yet our public schools suck.

Get rid of the DoE.
Out here in Cali, I was told by a teacher who just recently retired, that she had to buy pencils, books, and other sh!t for the students because there was no money.

In a state with a state income tax, property tax, sales tax, fees for everything, beer tax, cigarette tax, gasoline tax, every other kind of tax, and a state lottery.

Where the f#$k does all that money disappear too? I want to know.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Out here in Cali, I was told by a teacher who just recently retired, that she had to buy pencils, books, and other sh!t for the students because there was no money.

In a state with a state income tax, property tax, sales tax, fees for everything, beer tax, cigarette tax, gasoline tax, every other kind of tax, and a state lottery.

Administration.

How much do you think the Superintendent makes? And why? ...wtf do they even do?

Crotch

Cocaine Bear
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's so many problems with education I don't even know where to start. My mother and all her friends are educators or retired. All the way from special Ed , to principals ,to administrators. While I'll always support most teachers, they in no way get a group pass from me. Teachers unions are amongst some of the worst things in America. And I'll leave it at that.

wildhawk1

Reaction score

You, me and alot of others.

Crotch

Cocaine Bear
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score

Educating illegals ?

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
There is a teacher strike currently in Oklahoma tghat has the NEA and the teachers demanding higher pay AND increased school funding. Same solution we have tried and tried and tried and tried and tried over and over and over abd over and we have accomplished exactly nothing. Throwing more dollars at the problem will not help. It never has. We need a complete reformation of the education system in this country. I don't think subsidizing private schools is the answer either. Eliminate tenure. Hold teachers accountable for the performance of the students. Hold the students accountable for their performance also. Make them meet attendance standards. Make them meet performance standards to advance to the next grade. Like they did back in the day. Several of my friends got held back a year or 2 along the way. They didnt die from it. Hold parents accountable for their students performance also. No excuses. A parents #1 priority has to be educating their children. Enforce it. You want your EITC? Your kids that you claim better be showing up at school. I dont think thats asking for a lot. As a society we bear the costs of every single uneducated adult that rolls out of the local high school without a diploma. A big part of the ills of this society can be traced to the decline in educational achievement which happens to correlate very strongly with the increase in funding and control from the federal level. Admittedly correlation does not always equal causation, but seeing as contiunuing to implement larger and more costly versions of the same thing has been a collossal failure, it cant hurt to try a different way

wildhawk1

Reaction score
There's so many problems with education I don't even know where to start. My mother and all her friends are educators or retired. All the way from special Ed , to principals ,to administrators. While I'll always support most teachers, they in no way get a group pass from me. Teachers unions are amongst some of the worst things in America. And I'll leave it at that.

+1

When I was a kid the teachers worked for the parents.

I'll leave it at that before going on a full blown rant.

NewDayHappy

Reaction score
Too bad we don't see more leadership from teachers on gun violence and school shootings. I've seen students step up but where are the teachers? They should be leading the charge. Most of the time I read about teachers these days is about sex romps with students. :laugh2:

Latest Threads