Great music you found on YouTube!

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Santana is on my *burnt out* list, but this song...love it.

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

NotScott

Reaction score
For some reason, this popped up in a suggested play list the other day. I had not heard it in forever and I have never seen the video, but if this isn't the best example of covering someone else's song, making it yours and taking it lightyears beyond what it was, I don't know what else is.

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
Me on drums... if I do say so meself! Nothing special here in the slightest. Just mucking around as I'm still struggling to get over my nerves when recording myself.

I can play better, and play more technical stuff in the absence of a camera, but as soon as it's recording, my playing goes to sh*t :laugh2: Any tips to get over that are most welcome...

DavGrape

Reaction score
Any tips to get over that
Superb drumming.

Egad I hate recording myself.
When I do it like I just don't care, I'm fine.
When I want to play it correctly, cleanly..... ugh.
It's not that the camera makes me nervous, it's that I don't want to run thru it again.
Solos happen three-quarters into a song, that doesn't help things.

I can play in front of one, or one hundred people just fine; I ignore goofs; people do, they don't care.
Choke up tho, when the camera starts.

Like TheX says, tho; do it all the time.

Last edited:

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
Superb drumming.

Egad I hate recording myself.
When I do it like I just don't care, I'm fine.
When I want to play it correctly, cleanly..... ugh.
It's not that the camera makes me nervous, it's that I don't want to run thru it again.
Solos happen three-quarters into a song, that doesn't help things.

I can play in front of one, or one hundred people just fine; I ignore goofs; people do, they don't care.
Choke up tho, when the camera starts.

Like TheX says, tho; do it all the time.
Thanks man! Yeah recording myself is something I've never really gotten used to, even when I used to record guitar covers. I can learn a song to the point I can play it in my sleep, but when the camera is there, I suddenly fixate on it and find myself unable to think about what I'm actually playing.

Oddly enough, my wife said the exact same thing very recently, that I should record every time I play, even if I'm just mucking around on the kit. That way I'll get used to it. This is something I'll start doing. I thank yourself and TheX for also suggesting this :thumb:

Discovered this VERY new young rock band recently.
I have a feeling they will go quite far...

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to listen to this version at the gym. Now I'm listening to it in my home gym.

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
Time for a somewhat uplifting song. I listen to this one whenever things are tough...

LocoTex

Reaction score
Time for a somewhat uplifting song. I listen to this one whenever things are tough...

Thanks so much for this one. It's a shame that the lyrics kinda surprised me, coming from a punk band. We need more of the like in the world.

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
Thanks so much for this one. It's a shame that the lyrics kinda surprised me, coming from a punk band. We need more of the like in the world.
That's awesome you like it :cool: The King Blues are a great band, and Jonny is quite a songwriter.

It has a hefty meaning for me as I discovered this song right around the time of the awful May 2017 Manchester bombings that targeted youngsters, to which Jonny himself written a poem where the idea was to fight this hate with love and not let them rule you with fear, and (to me at least) this song sends the similar message.

"I laugh right in the face of death, I'll fight this fight till my last breath,
For the frightened fall as often yet far closer than the brave,
We only got on life let's use it, You can't stop the movement,
So choke on that, you can quote that, You can write it on my grave".

Latest Threads