Great for Barry!

kevinpaul

Reaction score
Gay!!! Be still my heart. Thing last thing they tell us is where the hell are they registered? I hate guessing games. A Waterford clock and I hope those two Brutes have one! This is over the top but when am I not.

twst1up

Reaction score
Who knew?

Will wonders never cease...

Davio

Alchemist Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wait! Kiefs first name is Garry? And he's gay? And is Mick okay with it?

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
" ♫ His name was Rico, he wore a diamond.."♫

DHBucker

Reaction score
barry-manilow-the-old-songs-arista-2.jpg

He's aging well!
And no surgery!
How does he do it?

tumblr_inline_nb1eyiiKu11swxf5t.jpg

"Facials"..... WTF happened to Mandy? I guess Garry came and he gave and Barry will take it?

****EDIT**** I see now my joke was beaten earlier.........

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember when Mandy came out my girlfriend at the time said

"lets make this our song and every time you hear it on the radio think of me"

yeah I am sure..:hmm:

now down the street was an older girl named Mandy that I thought about all the time but she was way out of my league...:naughty:

good for Barry..if he is happy more power to him..

Dolebludger

Reaction score
There had long been a rumor that Barry was gay. But due to the culture (before it abruptly changed) he denied it. Because I like all kinds of music, I went to his concerts anyway, and concerned myself with enjoying the music and not the musician's personal life. Barry (like all gay people) was born that way (or at least programmed to become that way at puberty). He had no choice. It is who he is.

I'm just happy that he can finally be honest about who he is, and stop lying and sneaking around.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
One thing you can't take away from Manilow is his talent.

When I was at Paris in Vegas I was disappointed I didn't get to see his show, but I did get to see the Copa jacket.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Actually, Barry's recent revelation changes nothing. Barry has always been gay. He was gay in his 70's hay days. Barry's musical style always seemed to appeal to women more than men, because of the type of music it is. But some of us men like a lot of his music too. We don't have to confine what we like to what we play. And those of us men who liked to hear Barry didn't do so for sexual reasons. If we did, then we'd be gay too! Instead, we liked the music. And still do.

Meatwad

Reaction score
It shouldn't matter what anyone's sexual orientation is to anyone other than their partner.

I don't know why people are so concerned over where folks like to stick their junk - there's bigger problems in the world, don'tcha think?

I remember people freaking out when they discovered Freddy Mercury and Rob Halford were gay.

I don't give a rat's ass - Queen and Judas Priest are still a couple of my favorite bands from my youth, and nothing changes that.

I still remember walking into a local comic store years ago looking for Clive Barker's Books of Blood comics.
The clerk told me they weren't going to carry them because he had recently come out as gay.

I just walked away shaking my head.........and I still want those comic books dammit!!

acstorfer

Reaction score
Besides his huge catalog of hits, Barry Manilow also written and/or performed in commercial jingles for:

KFC
McDonalds
Pepsi
Dr. Pepper
State Farm Insurance
Stridex
Band-Aids
Dodge
and others

Latest Threads