Great Bands You Only Got to See Once Before They Broke Up.

Gibsonian

Reaction score
Grateful Dead (1990)
fIREHOSE
RHCP with Frusciante (after seeing them without him)
Duran Duran (reunion)
Deep Banana Blackout (In 1999, they packed NYC's Irving Plaza and played for hours. What an incredible show.)

the funny thing is, none of the above bands I would've gone to see, if it weren't for somebody else

also:
Helloween
Metal Church
Sanctuary
Heretic
Exodus
AC/DC
Metallica (Justice tour)

there are other bands that I've seen more than once

Gibsonian

Reaction score
Forgot some that fit the bill:

Rush (Time Machine tour)
Soundgarden (Lollapalooza '92, bit hazy on that one)
Ministry (Lollapalooza '92 with Scott Ian joining them)
Mudhoney(Fudge album tour, meh)
Def Leppard (Hysteria album)
Saxon (Rock the Nations album)
U.D.O. (Holy album tour)

Last edited:

vaguely

Reaction score
firehose, Van Halen (orig lineup), Allman bros, pixies (original lineup), rhcp (frusciante era), smashing pumpkins (Gish tour), dead Kennedys, sonic youth, gang green, Neil young and crazy horse, blues traveler, fishbone, buffalo tom, luna, sepultura, janes addiction, nine inch nails, butthole surfers, little feat, Tito Puente, Larry coryell... probably a few more in there too... saw the dead a lot! but still, never saw them at their best (early '70's) - I was a baby.

Bartrock

Reaction score
A lot,but PanterA is something special to me-even have a pick from Dimebag from that event.And Slayer with Jeff Hanneman,too.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Darrell Mansfield at my high school senior quad lunch concert the day John Bonham died
Resurrection Band "DMZ" at Costa Mesa
Ratt (do they count? I think they're touring again) at the Forum opening for Bon Jovi.
Dio "Lock up the Wolves" (I'm not counting his Children of the Night benefit) at the Pacific Amphitheater
Page & Plant at Irvine Meadows (screw Verizon, I'm not calling it the Verizon Ampjitheater)
Van Hagar at Glen Helen
Skid Row with Bach opening for Van Hagar at Glen Helen
Black Sabbath (opening act for Ozzy's "No More Tours" with Rob Halford, and the encore was a full set with Ozzy... does that count for twice?) at the Pacific Amphitheater
Motley Crue at Glen Helen
Rush "Snakes and Arrows" at Irvine Meadows
Sepultura opening for Ozzy at the Pacific Amphitheater
Metallica Master of Puppets opening for Ozzy at Long Beach (ya, they're still together, but I'll never see them again)
Deep Purple opening for Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild at Glen Helen
Queensryche with Tate at House of Blues Anaheim opening for Nugent
I've only seen Yngwie once, but I'm pretty sure he hasn't broken up with himself yet :D

Latest Threads