Great Bands You Only Got to See Once Before They Broke Up.

studio1087

Reaction score
The Police
The Kinks
David Bowie (saw him 4 times)
INXS - the original band
AC/DC
Public Image Limited
Jethro Tull
Squeeze
The Who with John Entwistle
Elvis Costello with the Attractions
CSN&Y - more times than I can count
Steely Dan
Adrian Belew with the Psycho Dots

paco1976

Reaction score
I saw the following:
Dio (twice)
Johnny Winter (3 times)
Guns N' Roses (Matt Sorum era, 92)
Pantera (Far Beyond Driven tour)
Leonard Cohen
Motörhead (several times)
AC/DC twice
Soundgarden
Kiss with original line up (Ace + Peter)
BB King, like 4 times at least.

I saw also Megadeth with Marty Friedman on guitar, amazing guy, but I think this one probably doesn't count...

Last edited:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Yeah on marty. Seen him too with megadeath while on tour with Metallica and suïcidal tendencies.
So many i cant name them either it was before my time i was too young or too broke or thought they would return again.Led Zep. Nirvana came to Calgary in March 1991 but i was 11 [ at the westwinds club ] but most people who were of age said they were there were not. Mudhoney came in 2001 and i could have seen them. Not guitar but Kraftwerk came by and i was broke, but i did see Judas Priest and rob still sounds like a chipmunk on steroids so that was cool.

Reactions: BKS

lpfan1980

Reaction score
So many i cant name them either it was before my time i was too young or too broke or thought they would return again.Led Zep. Nirvana came to Calgary in March 1991 but i was 11 [ at the westwinds club ] but most people who were of age said they were there were not. Mudhoney came in 2001 and i could have seen them. Not guitar but Kraftwerk came by and i was broke, but i did see Judas Priest and rob still sounds like a chipmunk on steroids so that was cool.
:mad:Oh and U2 came here for the first time in 2001 did back to back shows no money:mad:

lbiz

Reaction score
I only got to see the Crespo/Dufay Aerosmith line up once. The other one I've seen multiple times.

sasquatch

Reaction score
AC/DC
Fastway
Firefall
John Denver
Quiet Riot
Cinderella
Bullet Boys
Winger
Thompson Twins
Go-Go's
Steve Winwood

Olds442

Reaction score
Ozzy with Randy

the rest i'm fine having only seen once.

LocoTex

Reaction score
Mountain - around '72? at the Oklahoma City Civic Center. Saw Leslie and Corky later in West, Bruce & Laing at the same venue...not even close.

Stevie Ray - The Cotton Bowl in Dallas, in '89, opening for The Who. This is when The Who toured with about two dozen people on stage.......SRV blew them away. And I'm like the world's biggest Who fan!

(I had seen The Who in '76 with Keith Moon and John Entwhistle still on this earth. I read someone said "like a religious experience" earlier in this thread...real close!)

Last edited:

NRBQ

Reaction score
I saw The Who without Keith Moon, I saw Pink Floyd without Roger Waters, I saw The Clash with out Mick Jones, I saw Crosby Stills and Nash without Neal Young, I saw The Grateful Dead without Pigpen, I saw Paul Simon without Art Garfinkle, I saw KISS without talent, I saw Terry Adams without NRBQ, I saw Little Feat without George Lowell, I saw The Allman Brothers without Duane Allman, and finally I saw Spinal Tap at the Isle Of Lucy without John Stumpy Pepys.

Al Walker

Reaction score
Forgot the Dixie Dreggs. Tightest band I've ever seen.

wmrobrtsn

Reaction score
I'll just list the band I only saw once that had one of the most influential guitarist for me, UFO

I saw them around the time Strangers in the Night was recorded before Michael Schenker had left the band, he was in his prime then and the entire band was in sync like few I've ever seen live...brilliant performance from them all and one I'll never forget.

gridbias

Reaction score
ELP, Hendrix, Who, Allman Bros w/ Duane, Procol Harum, QMS, Chicago w/TK, Pink Floyd, Yes. Mahavishnu Orchestra, Montrose, Doors, Tubes (Bill Spooner era), Captain Beefheart, CCR, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, Genesis w/PG, Uriah Heep, Spirit, Led Zep, BB&HC w Janis, Blue Cheer, Sons of Champlin, Lee Michaels w/ Frosty, Canned Heat, Iron Butterfly, Rory Gallagher, Little Feat w/LG, Johnny Winter And, Jethro Tull, Grateful Dead, Deep Purple, Brian Auger& the Trinity w/Julie Driscoll,BLC, Missing Persons. The Police. I'm old.

Fugazi39

Reaction score
Saw Pink Floyd at the Silverdome. I think that was 1989 or 90. I saw Nirvana at St Andrew's Hall in 1991. Great show.

Latest Threads