Great Bands You Only Got to See Once Before They Broke Up.

frozenotter

Victim
Platinum Supporter
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last New Kids on the Block tour. I relive it daily to stay happy too. Works! :thumbs:

Lex

Reaction score
Another for Kyuss. More than once. Palm Desert High!

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I once witnessed KG and JB break up mid concert and then reunite in 3 minutes. It was magical

meatball

Reaction score
Saw Pink Floyd in the 90’s . No Roger Waters ,but it wa one of the best stage shows you would ever want to see live . There was Flying pigs , There was the biggest Mirror Ball in the center of the Stadium , there was a great vib all night ..

dissaffected

Reaction score
The Monkees...Haha. Though I did see em in 7th grade
Serious answer- Hendrix and New Riders of the Purple Sage and Poco and Weather Report and Seals and Croft(my gf liked em) and Humble Pie and Dave Brubeck

Last edited:

Nard

Reaction score
I saw Van Halen open for Sabbath at the Fox Theater in Atlanta, around '77, I think. Wasn't even close...
I would have seen VH on that tour but DLR fell off the stage and broke his leg so they didn’t appear on the British tour.

I saw Thin Lizzy in 1980 and never got a chance to see them again. I saw the Stones in 82 thinking no one would ever see them again. How wrong can you be!

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mrs G saw the Who's last concert with Keith Moon in Toronto. She worked in the music industry and has seen practically everything....but she says that show was like a religious experience.

Spiteface

Reaction score
Blur

Singles tour, 1999.

All the singles in order, from "She's So High" to (at that point) "No Distance Left to Run"

A few years later Graham Coxon would leave the band during the recording of "Think Tank" and Damon Albarn chose to focus on various other projects. They have since reformed a few times, but it's never lined up that I could go.

I did get to see Graham Coxon solo in 2012, opening for Noel Gallagher of all people. That would have been unthinkable in 1995.

BKS

Reaction score
Dio, type o negative, etc etc...

Kashmir

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble (the summer he died. Saw him about a month before)

The Black Crowes

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Boston's Music Hall, 1977, right before the crash.

Last edited:

DotStudio

Reaction score
Planned to see the White Stripes on their final tour, but it was canceled and they broke up. Sumbiches.

EasyAce

Reaction score
I might kill to have seen Sly & the Family Stone live
You can have the next best thing with this set, recorded when they were still firing on all cylinders, and long enough before the dope started eating Sly Stone's talent . . .

EasyAce

Reaction score
As for great bands I got to see only once before they broke up, they were:

Jefferson Airplane
The Who
Canned Heat---the classic lineup (Bob Hite, Alan Wilson, Henry Vestine, Larry Taylor, Fito de la Parra)
Savoy Brown---the classic lineup (Kim Simmonds, Chris Youlden, Lonesome Dave Peverett, Tony Stevens, Roger Earl)
Derek & the Dominos
The Mahavishnu Orchestra
The J. Geils Band
Mountain---the classic lineup (Leslie West, Felix Pappalardi, Steve Knight, Corky Laing)
Roxy Music
Television
Talking Heads
Muddy Waters (the Hard Again-era touring lineup including Johnny Winter)
The Police

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
The Monkees...Haha. Though I did see em in 7th grade
Serious answer- Hendrix and New Riders of the Purple Sage and Poco and Weather Report and Seals and Croft(my gf liked em) and Humble Pie and Dave Brubeck
Weather Report. With Jaco I take it?