Great backline amps you've had

guitfiddle

Reaction score
I went to a public audition at a venue once where there were two half stacks, a JCM 900 on one side, and a DSL50 on the other. I got the DSL. Clean channel, crunch on, gain and volume 4, TS type OD out front. Loud an proud.

Last week we played at an out door festival in Denver and both of us rolled up on Vox AC30s. Normal channel with the volume on 7 and a Danetectro OD pushing it. It was also loud and awesome sounding.

What are some killer rigs you've had a chance to play?

bad565ss

Reaction score
I usually play either a 50 watt JCM800 or
RockittRetro 50 watt JMP clone.
Last summer I played a set at a 8 band event. They had a Vox AC 30 my buddy played through. I used 2 Blues Juniors in stereo. It was really nice.

Big John

level of suckage: 10
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The one and only time I played where backline amps were provided was at the Mississippi Valley Blues Festival. I chose a non-reverb '64 Twin that no one had used the whole weekend, and fed it with my Warmoth strat and Soldano GTO pedal. Got a ton of tone compliments after our set.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
When I used to have a talkbox, my backline was just a '65 Fender Princeton Chorus 2x12, and my Kustom 15w practice amp, for the talkbox.

Right now, my only suitable backup amp is my Fender Mustang v2, which is great, because I hated having a huge pedalboard. Now, I just run everything through my Digitech RP50.

My Les Paul Classifieds