Grandsons fishing trip

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Daughter in law and grandkids are in Fla with her family for a week ( son had to work) her dad ( great guy) chartered a fishing boat today. They limited out on ( I think) snapper and 10 yer old grandson hooked into a 200 pound shark but it broke the line then he caught this
56549469_10156166660015980_4927465792284393472_o.jpg

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad took me fishing as a young lad and I promptly grabbed a hold of a fish he caught and something sharp as hell went under my fingernail.Pretty sure my yelling scared any Bigfoot within 10 miles the hell back to next week.My dad also realized I had learned a few words from his vocabulary..
Needless to say last time I went fishing for anything..

Dun Ringill

Shall not be infringed
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daughter in law and grandkids are in Fla with her family for a week ( son had to work) her dad ( great guy) chartered a fishing boat today. They limited out on ( I think) snapper and 10 yer old grandson hooked into a 200 pound shark but it broke the line then he caught this View attachment 371538
Excellent!! Salt water duck-billed freaks!!

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
The kid in the green shirt is TEN? What the hell are they feeding the kids these days......looks like he could throw dad overboard.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
very cool.ive seen a guy catch a 5 foot shark right next to the pier in daytona with people swimming right there.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
I love fishing. I had hoped my boys would too. Not yet - they haven't learnt yet that fishing isn't really about fishing....Good onya for a great day!

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
The kid in the green shirt is TEN? What the hell are they feeding the kids these days......looks like he could throw dad overboard.
Yep... 10 years old ( the other guy is the boat caprain) he is heavy but he is a really big kid will be 11 on Sept 11th. Wears a size 11 shoe... strong as an ox and will work like a grown man splitting and hauling wood with his dad..... will NOT quit. Heart as big as can be. They live next door and my wife ( obviously his grandma) was sick the other day. He brought over chicken soup....a thermometer and " took care " of her. I cannot begin to tell you how many times we have gotten comments on how nice and polite he is. Plays football....first year he was awful.....we couldn't figure out why...... once we figured out he was afraid of hurting an opponent, and we convinced him that they were just as padded and protected as him, he turned into a beast...... most improved player...lineman of the year..... seen him more than once walking forward pushing 2 and 3 opppsing linemen backwards...... I told him his football makes me happy, his attitude and personality make me proud. The only time I have seen him lose it was in defense of his little sister..... she is a turd lol....yeah I am proud of them.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I love fishing. I had hoped my boys would too. Not yet - they haven't learnt yet that fishing isn't really about fishing....Good onya for a great day!
I am not much of a fisherman... he LOVES it. Loves to squirrell hunt and deer hunt. Loves barn hunting with the terriers despises earth working the terriers. His little sister is 7. Has her own .22 rifle and loves to hunt and shoot. Loves earth work with the terriers. But is a girly girl... she will paint her nails, put on her pink camo and do dig up groundhogs with us... wear a princess dress and help skin rabbits lol.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Sounds like he's going to be a great bloke! Good news in this world!
I hope so.... they are home schooled....have chores daily..... .their other grandparents are great people. So they are well loved and also kept in check. Other grandparents have more money so they spoil em more that way, but being next door we spend more time.....

freebyrd 69

Reaction score
Yep... 10 years old ( the other guy is the boat caprain) he is heavy but he is a really big kid will be 11 on Sept 11th. Wears a size 11 shoe... strong as an ox and will work like a grown man splitting and hauling wood with his dad..... will NOT quit. Heart as big as can be. They live next door and my wife ( obviously his grandma) was sick the other day. He brought over chicken soup....a thermometer and " took care " of her. I cannot begin to tell you how many times we have gotten comments on how nice and polite he is. Plays football....first year he was awful.....we couldn't figure out why...... once we figured out he was afraid of hurting an opponent, and we convinced him that they were just as padded and protected as him, he turned into a beast...... most improved player...lineman of the year..... seen him more than once walking forward pushing 2 and 3 opppsing linemen backwards...... I told him his football makes me happy, his attitude and personality make me proud. The only time I have seen him lose it was in defense of his little sister..... she is a turd lol....yeah I am proud of them.
That’s awesome! I’m sure he will go on to great things....either in athletics and or in life.

Latest Threads