Grand daughter and Butch the bulldog

JTM45

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol that’s awesome

Arkog

Reaction score
Playful as a pup and loves to tug a war.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
My grand daughter will be 10 Sunday. She is as good with the dogs as about any adult. She is also not afraid of anything...a story.
As most of you know I hunt with terriers. We do varmint removal for farmers (groundhogs raccoon opossum fox etc.. anything that will live in the ground. ) the dogs wear a collar that sends out a radio signal and we have a box that finds the collar. The dogs will enter a hole and go through the tunnels until they corner the varmint and then we dig down, remove the dog and dispatch the varmint and refill all of the holes (289 groundhogs in one summer back when I was physically able to dig)
Anyway one day Sammy, me and her dad (my son) were out and we had a dog about 4-5 feet deep. We dug down and opened up on the dog and a groundhog. We did not make the hole wide enough so neither of us adults could reach the bottom to retrieve the dog. Sammy said "I WILL GET HIM" so her dad stuck a shovel down between the dog and the groundhog. Grabbed her by her feet and lowered her down into the hole. She grabbed the dogs collar and we pulled em both back out. I don't know too many 9 year Olds that would have done that.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Lol that’s awesome
He is a good dog. To me dogs are tools to be worked and used (hunted) if a dog has a glitch it can drive me nuts. So far this is the best dog I have had in a long time. He is a pet. Strictly a house dog. His "job" is to just not be a dick. He is pretty good at it.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
someone wants their teeth brushed.
She loves that dumb dog... then again she loves em all. But she is like me with the hunting dogs.....work or be gone. She understands that the breed is more important than the individual and if a dog does not cut it..she has no issue with us moving it along.

Latest Threads