Governor Needs Geography Lesson

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
Dallas Morning News, August 4, 2013| NEW ORLEANS — Two years ago, Rick Perry formally launched his race for the White House at a RedState conference of conservative bloggers.

On Saturday, he was back, noting that announcement pretty much marked the high point of a dreadful presidential run.

“As Republicans, we face our setbacks,” Perry said, as if linking his own misfortunes not remembering the three agencies he’d vowed to shut down with the misfortunes of a party that failed to win back the White House last year. “We’ve faced some setbacks over the course of the last couple of years,” he said. On Saturday, he did not look like the same politician as two years ago. For one, he was wearing black horn-rimmed glasses that are new to his appearance.

But some things don’t change. Like recalling numbers or geography.

Touting Texas, Perry declared, “There are many other states that embrace those conservative values, the approach we’ve taken over the years. I’m in one today — Florida.”

“We’re in Louisiana,” someone shouted.

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
.. So this thread is under the Clown antics loophole .. ?

Dr. Arkam

Reaction score
image-29.jpg

JMV

Reaction score
Did Joe Biden write his speech for him?

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
You wouldn't necessarily trust an unlicensed mechanic to work on your car, but here you have it.

realjimjim

Reaction score
Aw come on, give the guy a break . . .

After all, he had just been trippin'

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what he says, whether it's GWB-dumb or retard-Biden-dumb. TX is an economic powerhouse, and as long as that remain fact, Perry could've said he's in China.

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
.. heck here in VA the Gov is about to be indicted ..

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Did Joe Biden write his speech for him?

Maybe it was Sara "I can see Russia from my house" Palin.

Don't vote for stupid people. If we all followed that one simple rule, things might be a little bit better.

Jimmi

Reaction score
To be fair,...and I am not a big Perry fan, these guys tour around like music acts from state to state and it is disorienting. He isn't the first guy to get the city/state wrong, won't be the last. I bet if you look hard you can find other people in both parties doing the same.

rxbandit

Reaction score
Maybe it was Sara "I can see Russia from my house" Palin.

Don't vote for stupid people. If we all followed that one simple rule, things might be a little bit better.

Except Sarah Palin never said that

venijake

Reaction score
But the President said that Hawaii was in Asia, and said the US had 48 states. So it's not like he's the only one lol.

parts

Reaction score

Charles Gibson asked her what insight she had gained from living so close to Russia, and she responded: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska":

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

True, but what she actually did say, was every bit as stupid.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXL86v8NoGk]Palin on her insight into Russian Politics - YouTube[/ame]

Apparently she thought this idiotic bullshit somehow qualified her to speak knowingly about err... ummm... with knowledge... about... umm something or other :rolleyes:

Like I said, don't vote for stupid

AngryHatter

Reaction score
To be fair,...and I am not a big Perry fan, these guys tour around like music acts from state to state and it is disorienting. He isn't the first guy to get the city/state wrong, won't be the last. I bet if you look hard you can find other people in both parties doing the same.

"It’s three agencies of government when I get there that are gone: commerce, education, and the uh, uh. What’s the third one there?” —November 9, 2011

“Follow me on Tweeter.” —June 21, 2011

“George W. Bush did an incredible job in the presidency, defending us from freedom.” —November 4, 2010

“Those of you that will be 21 by November 12, I ask for your support and your vote.” —November 29, 2011

“It was actually the reason we fought the Revolutionary War in the 16th century.” —October 11, 2011

“Washington has abused the constitution. You go back a decade ago with Woodrow Wilson . . . ” —November 29, 2011

:thumb:

parts

Reaction score
I understand people on campighn trails or travelling getting the "Hello Cleveland" thing.(wrong city)..as they are wiked around..

I remember on tour many times waking up in a hotel..not remembering or caring sometimes what city it was..

Just another gig..

rxbandit

Reaction score
Oh I know, but the "from my house" part is from SNL. Either way she's a terrible woman :laugh2:

Latest Threads