Gotham

slapshot

Reaction score
looks good despite the knob from The OC :hmm:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI[/ame]
the villains back stories would be cool to know ....

67tripower

Reaction score
I watched the pilot and definitely think it has potential. The "knob from the OC" was pretty good in Southland.

slapshot

Reaction score
out acted at every turn by Bull from Band Of Brothers though & Ice Cube's sister from Friday

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It looks like it may be a good show. Of course they had the famous death of Bruce's parents and the introduction of a young Jim Gordon. Apparently at this time, Oswald Cobblepot (Penguin) is already a confirmed psychopath, though not as powerful as he will some day be. And Catwoman has appeared, but is not actively doing anything yet that I can tell, except watching from the sidelines.

firesgt911

Reaction score
First episode seemed ok. I will continue to watch it and see how it developes.

James R

Reaction score
You know what would be an epic Batman twist?
Finding out that Alfred Pennyworth was a mastermind villain all along and actually contracted the Wayne's murder.
I know it's not plausible but cut a comic book geek some slack.

splatter

Reaction score
I'm not a TV watcher or a big batman fan but I recorded this and watched it .I thought it was pretty good .

LowThudd

Reaction score
Second episode was good too. I think the show is a definate watcher. I like the steady build up of the characters.

slapshot

Reaction score
yep I'm in :thumb:

also gave this 'Scorpion' a try ... 50/50 on that one

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You know what would be an epic Batman twist?
Finding out that Alfred Pennyworth was a mastermind villain all along and actually contracted the Wayne's murder.
I know it's not plausible but cut a comic book geek some slack.
That would be amazing.:thumb:

CivoLee

Reaction score
I wasn't thrilled with the pilot but I decided to stick with it and have been rewarded...

One thing, though - when is this supposed to be? The cars suggest sometime in the late 80s, but some of the music and the costumes suggest the 90s, and they're using flip phones that didn't exist until 2002 at the earliest...

tinman402

Reaction score
I like it but it is kind of all over the place. Also I always assumed Dent was younger than Gordon.. am I the only one that finds that strange..

CivoLee

Reaction score
I like it but it is kind of all over the place. Also I always assumed Dent was younger than Gordon.. am I the only one that finds that strange..
If you mean Gordon's partner, he's not Harvey Dent. Harvey Dent has not appeared, and he probably won't unless Bruce goes to school or something. The Animated Series suggested they were longtime friends until he became Two Face, but I don't know the comic well enough to know if that's "canon"...

Another thing about the series that's off is the age of some of the villains...ok, Oswald Copplepot I get since the Penguin has always been older than Batman, but Edward Nigma (the Riddler) in his 20s with Bruce Wayne being about 11 or 12? Victor Zsasz?

tinman402

Reaction score
You sure.. I know I have heard Harvey used in the series.. But yes it makes no sense for it to be Gordon partner.. I got them on DVR if I get bored at work I will re watch them..

Also doesn't Alfred seem a bit old already...

Latest Threads