got my '94 studio today

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
just got done playing it and I wish I had a digital camera.Gonna have to borrow my brothers.....sounds and plays great,but,I took it for granted that the fretboard was gonna be ebony.I could have sworn the owner said it was and it looked like it in the pics he sent.Oh well,small thing to bitch about,Im now OFFICIALLY back to my original(almost)tone I had in 79-84 with my Custom.In the words of the Mighty 'Nuge"I AM ONE FULLFILLED MOTHERF%$*ER"!!!!!
:naughty::naughty:

twinrider1

Reaction score
I have a '95 Studio Lite and it definitely has an ebony board. Is yours a traditional double humbucker or does it have a single coil in there too? I'd like to see pics too. Glad it sounds good though!

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nope,its the traditional double-hum.Anybody out there happen to know what pups came with this model?They sound good for being stock!cant wait to slap some WBs in it and reallYTAKE OFF ON A TANGENT!!!

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
498T and 490R I imagine.

I think in the 90's it was only the Alpine White or Lite Studios that had Ebony fingerboards.

I'm sure its a great guitar though! Congrats! Ebony doesn't matter on Studios... it can add a bit more snap, because I find the Studios are very 'woody'... but I like that about them!

I miss my old Wine Red Studio... HEAVY beastie though.

Congrats!

tarddoggy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
498T and 490R I imagine.

I think in the 90's it was only the Alpine White or Lite Studios that had Ebony fingerboards.

I'm sure its a great guitar though! Congrats! Ebony doesn't matter on Studios... it can add a bit more snap, because I find the Studios are very 'woody'... but I like that about them!

Congrats!
Thanks for the info!! mine is pretty heavy too,but,OMG THAT TONE!!! I cant put it down!!!!!

Satch0922

Reaction score
498T and 490R I imagine.

Congrats!

MY 93 wine red Studio has an ebony fingerboard.

Latest Threads