Got er Done

Spirithawk

Reaction score
Well, yesterday was my dental apointment. Due to being on heavy duty meds for so long my teeth were trashed. Very very brittle. I had 29 teeth pulled within an hours time. That's an experience that will sort the men from the boys folks! ;) Just with a local anistetic. I was awake through it all and the dentist had one heck of a time getting them all out. Within minutes of being done they put my new dentures in and I was headed home. I've been on Plavix for a long time and stopped taking it a week ago to reduce bleeding. Still, 5 hours later found me in the ER as the bleeding just wouldn't stop. Even the ER doc couldn't get it to stop. Finaly, at 5:30am after exhausting all trys it stopped. Now I just gotta deal with the pain till my gums heal. At least I've got Morphine to help with that. As soon as the dentist signs a release I see the heart surgeon to set the date for the valve replacement. Life sure can get interesting at times. ;) Will be glad when I'm able to eat something. My stomach thinks my throat's been cut. lol Wanna make sure the bleeding is for sure stopped before I even try. :)

Fardwark

Horrible Porridge Gobbler
Reaction score
Bloody hellfire man! That's just nasty. Mend well quick.:thumb:

You are going to end up hating soup.:laugh2:

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Wow Spirit, you are hard as nails!! I hope you heal well. Perhaps a good idea to grab a container of protein powder for some 'super-shakes'?

jlu52

ignoramus maximus emeritus
Reaction score
You're a tough guy, Brother! Hope you heal fast, have a very successful cardiac surgery, and that you feel better than you have for years very soon.:thumb:

Spirithawk

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. :)

Damn man you are a train wreck! Hope you get to feeling better. Take care of yourself, you only get one body!

Fraid so. Agent Orange and friends was some nasty stuff.

Northern, yep not a bad idea Bro. Getting some of those frozen fruit popsycles too. :)

I gotta go back around the 10th to get any adjustments the dentures might need and then the dentist should clear me. I actualy convince my wife that after this is all over I deserve a new Fender Strat. Think I want to find one in a pawn shop that's well used but that's been loved if ya know what I mean? Got my eye on one that a retired entertainer built himself and played on stage for years. It keeps drawing me to it. :)

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
As my granddad would say, "That Spirithawk is a tough old bird." Thanks for the updates and become well. Soon you'll be playing guitar and soaring with the Eagles. Take care, David

bscenefilms

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, dude, you've certainly got a pair. I would have said, yeah, toss me a general...

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had 29 teeth pulled within an hours time. That's an experience that will sort the men from the boys folks! ;) Just with a local anistetic. :)

:wow:
I HATE the dentist. I'd let them rot out of my head first. 29? At ONCE? :wow:

cwness

Reaction score
Only 29 what happened to the other 3?:laugh2::laugh2:

Glad to here you got through it OK. IF you hungry go make yourself all the malts and shakes you want. Might as well have something that's nice and tasty
and doesn't need chewing.

CW

Pinkie

Reaction score
Yeah you are tough IMO.Glad that part is over with.
Your new teeth will be comfy in no time.
Good luck with the other surgery.

Spirithawk

Reaction score
Thanks again folks. Joey, that's about how I felt about it but the heart operation has been put off for several months because of my teeth. A lot of folks don't realise how easy infection in your mouth can go to your heart. It can kill ya quick. One surgeon refused to do the operation because he thought it too risky. My teeth had a lot to do with his decision. However, he'd have had to go back in through my chest. After my triple bypass there's a lot of scar tissue he'd have had to go through. Odds are I wouldn't survive that. During the bypass both my lungs colapsed so there's lots of issues. This surgeon I have now is suppose to be tops in the field. He's going to go in through my side. No idea the recovery time yet. One of the things we have to talk about. With the bypass it was suppose to be 6 months. I told them I was going deer hunting in 3 and I did. ;) I've left ventricle hypertrophy, critical coronary artery disease and severe mitral regurgitation. I've got the artery disease under control and if this valve works out I'll be doing pretty good all things concidered. It all has slowed me down but it has far from stopped me. I look at each of these obsticals as just one more battle in a never ending war. But hey, as long as I'm still able to fight the war's far from lost. :)

Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Twenty Nine teeth pulled?

... All at once?

Jesus Phuckin H Christ

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks again folks. Joey, that's about how I felt about it but the heart operation has been put off for several months because of my teeth. A lot of folks don't realise how easy infection in your mouth can go to your heart. It can kill ya quick. One surgeon refused to do the operation because he thought it too risky. My teeth had a lot to do with his decision. However, he'd have had to go back in through my chest. After my triple bypass there's a lot of scar tissue he'd have had to go through. Odds are I wouldn't survive that. During the bypass both my lungs colapsed so there's lots of issues. This surgeon I have now is suppose to be tops in the field. He's going to go in through my side. No idea the recovery time yet. One of the things we have to talk about. With the bypass it was suppose to be 6 months. I told them I was going deer hunting in 3 and I did. ;) I've left ventricle hypertrophy, critical coronary artery disease and severe mitral regurgitation. I've got the artery disease under control and if this valve works out I'll be doing pretty good all things concidered. It all has slowed me down but it has far from stopped me. I look at each of these obsticals as just one more battle in a never ending war. But hey, as long as I'm still able to fight the war's far from lost. :)

My late uncle (He died a few years ago from something completely unrelated to his heart) had the valve replacement surgery done after he got an infection while traveling in Mexico. He was 58 at the time. He live a great life until he died at the age of 88.

I'm sure that it's all going to work out fine for you. Be blessed.

Spirithawk

Reaction score
Yep Daniel, 29 at $39.00 a tooth. Let me tell you, it could have been far worse but it still was anything but pleasant. It took right around an hour to get done. My mouth is still pretty sore but I was able to eat some soup and drink a chocolate shake. Haven't slept in 48 hours so gonna take a shower and crash. :)

Latest Threads